Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

10 Sep 2009, 2:22 am

Anyone here make food the unique way like making grilled cheese sandwiches with an iron or making mashed potatoes with a tennis racket or cooking lobsters in the dishwasher.

I like making them with an iron. I think I should make myself a grilled cheese sandwich tomorrow.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:33 am

I've always wanted to cook something on a car engine.

I think the most unique thing we've done was cook a frozen pizza on a kettle grill...which actually turned out quite amazing.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:45 am

Three words: Engine Block Eggs.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 2:14 pm

I guess I'm used to cooking with the more standard, mundane appliances. There is a tv chef, by the name of Heston Blumenthal who uses all sorts of weird gadgets. Some of the things he uses... A blow torch, vacuum cleaner, paint gun, liquid nitrogen, hair dryer, and a homemade concrete mixer amongst other things. 8O

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 2:47 pm

I've never cooked that way at all, but I know that on The Big Bang Theory, Leslie Winkle once smashed a banana that was flash frozen in liquid nitrogen to put in her cereal, and another time used an Iodine laser to heat up a cup of noodles :wink:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:54 pm

I once cooked a cockroach with an live iron (long ago)...it interrupted my chores. The smell cured me of that right quick!...;)