The biggest psysical pain you've experienced

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 2:34 am

Mine is two, I can't decide

1. I was gonna oull out some teeth at my dentist's once, and instead of getting the drug which causes one to be analgesic, the dentist just stuck the drug that was supposed to get my teeth out easier, right into the flesh, the needle was about 1 cm into it.

2. I was in secondary school once, and I needed to go to the toilet, but it was closer to the forest, so I went over there to urinate, and after it, I saw a branch and decided to swing a bit on it, but it broke, and I fell around 2m down, and I hit the head, arms, and other areas, it would be better if I fainted, but I didn't, and I didn't have my cellphone, so I was stuck there around 3 hours, and I couldn't move my arm before 3 weeks passed.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 3:51 am

strange. the dentist syringe wasnt painfull at all, but very intrusive and uncomfortable yes...

my most dramatic experiences have been kinda painless, i fell on my face ON stairs, then on my back DOWN stairs, none was very painful, but just decapacitating

i'd say the few times ive really burned myself OR
the time i shattered a toe bone.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:11 am

LUCKY *SS, I'M SO JEALOUS :evil:

But the dentist stakk the needle right in my jaws, like the speed of sound, and THAT HURTS, especially if you haven't gotten bedøvelse.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:28 am

Trigeminal neuralgia was horrendous!! it was like unremitting torture!!. Lucky there was not a loaded gun in the house so I could put myself out of my misery at the time.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:34 am

Triemuneal-whatever it was called, what'S THAT?

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:42 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Triemuneal-whatever it was called, what'S THAT?

There is a link to it Here!

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:44 am

SICK!

CandidFear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2009, 5:42 am

acidentaly pouring the contents of boiling kettle on my foot

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 12:29 pm

The worst physical pain I've experienced was around 3 years ago. This is a description I wrote of it on another forum when I was trying to find out what could have caused it.

Approximately 3 years ago, I wrote:
Ok so this is what has been happening to me.
On Thursday night I was sick. This may be totally unrelated to the other stuff but I thought I'd mention it in case it isn't.
On Friday I'm fine.
On Saturday and Sunday I get a headache and start feeling all achy. I figure that it's just stress and ignore it.
By Sunday night I have pain in the left side of my chest that worsens when I take a deep breath. The muscles across my shoulders, neck and upper arms are also very stiff and sore. The pain ranges from aching to crushing to tearing. By the time I go to bed it feels like my entire chest is being crushed and like the muscles in my chest, neck and shoulders are being ripped apart. I have to lie on my right side all night because lying on my left side hurts. Any movement intensifies the pain.
The next morning (Monday) I am sore but not too bad. That day my boyfriend has an argument with his mother that upsets me. On the train on the way home the pain gets so bad that I can hardly breathe. I try to take a deep breath and get a stabbing pain in the left side of my chest. The pain is all over my upper body by now and lasts for a good quarter of an hour. It is a tearing, stabbing and crushing pain all at once. It is very frightening. It lasts for about 20 minutes then subsides from agonising to merely extremely painful.
On the bus I cancel the lesson that I am meant to be teaching that night because I can hardly stand or talk.
I go home and take 2 Panadol. I stay very still because it hurts to
-move
-laugh
-do anything that involves putting strain on the left side of my body
- have feelings
- breathe deeply
-cough
- enter a cold room, because I start shivering
- lie down

All of these things start the pain again and make my muscles go into very painful spasms.
I stay very still for a whle and the pain subsides to a dull ache. However, because I can't take a decent breath the lack of oxygen makes me lethargic and my body tries to keep yawning to get more oxygen in.
I go to bed. This morning, I wake up and I can take a deep breath, but when I do so I feel like it is putting strain on the muscles on the left side of my chest and on the left side of my neck and my left shoulder. When I move it hurts my chest etc. The most comfortable position is sitting up and leaning forward slightly. My neck is extremely stiff and the left side of my chest is all tight and crampy.

What could have been the cause of this? The pain on the train journey was the worst pain I've ever felt by far, and this whole thing is frightening me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

number5
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 1:10 pm

Natural childbirth. Doubt I'll ever experience something that painful ever again.

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2009, 1:15 pm

Waking up with 36 staples in my belly after 3 and a half hours of surgery was a sore one.

duke666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2009, 3:42 pm

I guess pain doesn't bother me that much,except it keeps me from sleeping. Mostly it's information. I don't take pain medication when I'm hurt except occasionally to get to sleep.

I broke my collar bone a couple of years ago playing rugby, and it hurt, but the sound was what made me stay down. Then I paid attention to the pain when I moved because that meant things were moving, which wasn't good.

I had surgery on a toe, but didn't take the pain meds. Just some ibuprofen.

I had a root canal, and the bottom of the root wasn't numb. I let my Russian dentist know, and he said "I'll only be a few more minutes" and kept drilling. It hurt but not that bad.

When I have to fill out the pain scale question (from 1 to 10, or the faces) I never know what to put. Especially the faces <grin>.

-The Madness of King George

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:45 pm

The fifth hour of catatonia. You can just feel the muscles atrophying. . . .

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 4:47 pm

I've had about 3-4 things I would consider particularly painful that happened to me. Though they are unrelated to the point that I cannot decide which one was the worst :?. I'll just list them in the order I experienced them (few painful things that made me cry):

1. Broke the growth plate in my left tibia bone
2. I tried to do a back bend kick over (a back walk over on a wedge/slanted mat) & most likely b/c of my scoliosis I felt like the muscles in my back were being burned/ripped out (hard to describe)
3. Series of random dreams I had while on meds (why I refuse to take anti-psychotic drugs ever again) where I felt pain in dreams (being tortured type of stuff...)
4. 1-2 bad panic attacks caused by people touching me & not expecting it (though this went from surprised-burning/hurting like crazy-numb in seconds/minutes/ totally lost concept of time)

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 9:36 pm

The worst physical pain I've had is bad headaches. But the most uncomfortable physical-sickness kind of situation I've had is an adrenal crisis. I don't know if I'd describe it as painful, but I'd choose the worst headache of my life over that.

Tiberiusxix
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm

Rolled my 4 wheeler when I was a teenager. Crushed my knee, hip, shoulder and dislocated my jaw. That was nearly 10 years ago, arthritis in all the affected joints kills me when it is cold outside. Massive headaches from the jaw. Teenagers shouldn't be given the opportunity to be stupid :P