Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 9:10 am

I have a wart on my hand that was kind itchy last night. As it happens, I had just had some teriyaki sticks. I took a lighter to one end of the stick and blew out the flame. There was a red ember left over. I applied it to the wart. The itching stopped and now I have a bump of fluid there.

Just wanna know if a red-hot ember would kill a wart as I'm hoping it would.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 11:05 am

Well I know when you go to the doctors to get a wart removed, they freeze it black and it crusts away. So it might also be possible to kill a wart with heat. Doctors probably just chose the least painful of the two. :roll:

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 12:35 pm

freezing ain't exactly comfortable either.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 1:15 pm

You do not feel pain when someone freezes the s*cker.... or hardly any but why I post is when one has warts frequently I would advice good quality fish oil capsules. Good for more than warts but when one takes them on a daily basis the warts leave and do not come back. I have no empirical proof other than first hand experience and experiences of others who did the same thing.... maybe you could try it when they keep coming back.

(suit yourself of course)

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 3:02 pm

I've had liquid nitrogen sprayed on me. Don't tell me it don't hurt! And it leaves a mark for a while - a long while.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 2:12 am

When my daughter was about six she started getting warts on her bottom and legs.

We took her to the doctor who sent her to a (rather nasty) Dermatologist who charged a lot to burn them off.

One day my wife was talking to a Naturopath giving free advice in a health food store. She said "bring her to see me"

The Naturopath made up some concoction and said "Drink this for a week. You may get more warts in the short term but don't worry. They will go away and never come back"

That is exactly what happened. 20 years later my daughter has never had another wart.

That is just one of the many stories I can tell from personal experience where "alternative" health care practitioners have managed to solve problems that mainstream doctors couldn't.