Legal help for discrimination against Aspie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DirkWillems
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2009, 3:31 pm

I am an Aspie who is being harassed by my school. I have been harassed by them now all but one semester of 4. I want to seek legal help but have little money and am wondering if there are any pro bono services by legal foundations that may want to represent an Aspie in a civil rights lawsuit against this college.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 4:29 pm

I have no ideas. I'm just lurking so that I can hit the "subscribe" button.
If you do find a way, I'd love to hear how it goes.

You might get more attention if you give some details and name your region.

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 8:35 am

What kind of school?

The school administration would be the first step if it's coming from students. If it's from teachers, there should be help numbers with the ADA notice on file or you can try to call your local legal aid office...at the least they could steer you in the right direction.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 10:37 am

Do they (whoever is harassing you) know you have AS? If not, you wouldn't really be able to call it "discrimination".

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 12:12 am

DirkWillems wrote:
I am an Aspie who is being harassed by my school. I have been harassed by them now all but one semester of 4. I want to seek legal help but have little money and am wondering if there are any pro bono services by legal foundations that may want to represent an Aspie in a civil rights lawsuit against this college.

1.What country/province do you live in?
2.Is the school aware of your ASD?
3.Who is doing the harassment?Students?Teachers?

I am only familiar with the legal stuff in Alberta, Canada..I am a second year paralegal student here.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!