107-year-old Malaysian woman seeks 23rd hubby

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 10:21 am

I read about her a few years ago when she was marrying the 22nd and how they couldn't get in contact with any of the previous 21. I'm super thrilled that there's an update; she amuses me.

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) – A 107-year-old Malaysian woman says she is ready to marry for the 23rd time because she fears her current drug addict husband might leave her for a younger woman, a report said Monday.

Wook Kundor made headlines four years ago when she married Muhammad Noor Che Musa, a man 70 years her junior in northern Terengganu state, with pictures of the couple's wedding splashed across regional newspapers.

But Wook is now looking for new love as she fears that Muhammad, 37, who is undergoing voluntary drug rehabilitation treatment in the capital Kuala Lumpur, will leave her once the programme ends, she told the Star newspaper.

"Lately, there is this kind of insecurity in me," the paper quoted her as saying, showing a photograph of the smiling, wrinkled-faced centenarian wearing a Muslim headscarf.

"I realise that I am an aged woman. I don't have the body nor am I a young woman who can attract anyone."

"My intention to remarry is to fill my forlornness and nothing more than that," she said, adding that she felt lonely without her husband by her side to celebrate the coming Muslim festival of Eid al-Fitr next week.

Wook said she planned to visit Muhammad on the second day of Eid if her neighbours were willing to drive her to the capital.

Muhammad, who was a lodger in Wook's house, had previously said it was "God's will" that the couple fell in love.

Three years!

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 11:29 am

The poor old lady is frightened of being alone, probably frightened of dying. I think it is very sad, she doesn't amuse me at all. I want to give her a hug and let her know it doesn't have to be this way.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 12:47 pm

I think if my husband passed away or left me I'd be ok on my own but I'm not in her shoes.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 2:29 pm

70 years younger than her! :o

What a gawl!

... I think I love her already.
Yet, I'm not gay :roll:

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:09 am

RainSong wrote:
I read about her a few years ago when she was marrying the 22nd and how they couldn't get in contact with any of the previous 21. I'm super thrilled that there's an update; she amuses me.

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) – A 107-year-old Malaysian woman says she is ready to marry for the 23rd time because she fears her current drug addict husband might leave her for a younger woman, a report said Monday.

Wook Kundor made headlines four years ago when she married Muhammad Noor Che Musa, a man 70 years her junior in northern Terengganu state, with pictures of the couple's wedding splashed across regional newspapers.

But Wook is now looking for new love as she fears that Muhammad, 37, who is undergoing voluntary drug rehabilitation treatment in the capital Kuala Lumpur, will leave her once the programme ends, she told the Star newspaper.

"Lately, there is this kind of insecurity in me," the paper quoted her as saying, showing a photograph of the smiling, wrinkled-faced centenarian wearing a Muslim headscarf.

"I realise that I am an aged woman. I don't have the body nor am I a young woman who can attract anyone."

"My intention to remarry is to fill my forlornness and nothing more than that," she said, adding that she felt lonely without her husband by her side to celebrate the coming Muslim festival of Eid al-Fitr next week.

Wook said she planned to visit Muhammad on the second day of Eid if her neighbours were willing to drive her to the capital.

Muhammad, who was a lodger in Wook's house, had previously said it was "God's will" that the couple fell in love.

Money can buy love, not life topic

Does Wook have any children? Perhaps the family should get involved, in case there is financial abuse. :?

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 3:03 am

Where is your sense of wonder and fun?

This woman's life is worth a book deal with movie rights.

Whether she is a sinner or a saint she must have led an interesting life. :D

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 2:24 am

she could make monies from a book deal.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 4:35 am

Huge age differences, how disguisting.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 4:38 am

But she's not a social worker bdhkhsfgk!
It's all about something else here.