Does anyone else here hate meetings?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

WoodenNickel
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2009, 7:40 pm

Most of my work meetings are dreadful. I'm really not interested in discussing pieces of paper. I have a habit of falling asleep in the more boring meetings.

am_suomi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2009, 11:41 pm

Unless there is something that is really engaging me it is a struggle to stay awake. At least some of our meetings are lunch meetings so I can eat to keep myself awake, and then bring lots of drinks so at least doing something in addition to listening will keep me awake.

My other problem is a weekly meeting at 8am, and I normally don't get to work until 830 because I don't like mornings.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 10:32 am

QuantumCowboy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 8:11 am

It depends on the meeting. Several of the places I have worked have a weekly meeting that lasts ~1/2 hour. It can often be a refreshing break.

In addition, each team member will discuss what they are doing, and issues that they are facing. This is nice in two respects. One is that it allows me to have a picture of what each person in the team is working on (I function better knowing the whole picture, also I am usually the last to know these things). Also, it allows others that one may not have thought of asking for assistance or knowledge to lend a hand on an issue (eg. what attenuation setting to use).