touching...good days, bad days...love it , hate it?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DeadFire87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2009, 9:12 am

I never liked the idea of people touching me. Women I would hope to one day get around to liking that idea, but mostly I am petrified of girls right now touching me.

I remember I used to tense up anytime someone was around me in school and anywhere else when they touched me or grabbed me unexpectedly like around my neck or something. My cousin used to do this all the time.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 11:44 pm

MONKEY wrote:
I tend to be picky about who can touch me.
Same with me, who and when. The only person who can touch me anytime is my mom - she's the person I get all my physical affection needs met (she scratches my head and likes to snuggle and hug) Anybody else it depends on the day, and most of the time, it's one of 5 people who are allowed to hug me on those days. Sometimes I'll tolerate hugs from people who I'm not close with, but it's miserable for me and makes me feel anxious. I don't like being touched, but it's not a sensory thing.

Vana
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2009, 2:34 pm

ptown wrote:
wild orchid- mickey's character?
?????????????????

what does that have to do with my question?
i don't understand what you mean.

Sort of funny, he builds a huge and successful hotel and construction business, lives every dream, overcomes every fear, but he can not bear human touch... not until he finds... someone he can relate to, and love.

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 2:31 am

This is something that I'm still trying to figure out about myself. Most of the time I really want to hug and touch people, but I can't. To this day I've never initiated a hug; I've always waited for someone else to hug me. Sometimes it seems like I just never really learned how to hug. At the same time, I get a weird sensation when someone touches me. Sometimes, especially when it's unexpected or skin-on-skin, I get this "feeling" I have difficulty describing. Kind of like an instaneous blackout, or maybe a surge of electricity, but that doesn't really describe it that well. Whatever it is, it's usually just an instant. The problem is that by the time that sensation passes, and I begin to get comfortable with the contact, it's over. I've told my friend that I'd probably be overwhelmed and start crying if anyone ever held me for more than a couple of seconds.

I've also experienced what some other posters have described, tensing up at physical contact. Though I've gotten better at suppressing this over time, it still happens to a small extent, I think.

LK
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2009, 10:59 pm

I am somewhat like this. Although the amount of touching the two of you exchange sounds entirely terrifying to me. hehe I never like that much touching but the amount I like does vary.
If I am stressed or feeling overwhelmed by information I do not want to be touched because that would just add to all of the things I have to experience and analyze, thus stressing me further. Whereas, if I am in a good mood or if I am feeling lonely I like slight touching through clothes.
One day I may jump and cringe if someone touches the end of my coat and the next I may allow someone to hold my arm. I try not too be too moody as I know people touch in an attempt to me nice but sometimes I can hardly help running away from them.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 2:06 am

I dont like being hugged or touched by people I don't know.I only like to be hugged and touched by people I trust.

This one time, I was at a bar in downtown Red Deer.I stopped in to have a cold Milkes Hard Lemonade because it was scorching hot out.This drunk lady who looked like a crack w----e sits up besides me, starts rubbing my arm WITHOUT MY CONSENT...I DID NOT LIKE THAT and felt uncomfortable...I moved my arm away.She then tried to hug me....I jumped away and left immedietly She looked at me funny and I said before I left, that I DO NOT LIKE BEING TOUCHED BY PEOPLE I DONT KNOW I dont go to that bar now that the college one is open late thankfully since school started. Nobody at the college tries to grab, rub, touch, or hug me without permission.I feel safer at the college.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 9:40 am

ebec11 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
I tend to be picky about who can touch me.
. I don't like being touched, but it's not a sensory thing.

Yeah for me it's mostly to do with personal space, the sensory side of it is only a small portion.