Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Irisrises
Toucan
Toucan

16 Oct 2009, 12:58 pm

Ah yes, the zoo...I like to look at animals because they lack the artifice that homo sapiens has adopted, and it was good to look at giraffes, lions and gorillas instead of dogs, cats and seagulls for a change..it also somehow makes it more apparent how spectacular everything is, the ants and the flowers, that otherwise might not get noticed so much.

The highlight though was the galapagos turtles - they are huge and ancient, both in the sense of the species and in that they are at least a century old, maybe two, nobody knows. In another hundred years all of us will be dead and hopefully buried and those turtles might still be lurking around somewhere. They were mating, too. It was truly great.

Funny you should mention sea horses, I'm always looking for them but I never seem to be able to come across them.

When I started doing yoga it felt like this huge blob in front of me and I had no clue what to do with it and often I did nothing with it at all, I was just aware it was there. Now ten years later my yoga practice is pretty sophisticated. The way I look at it I'm just beginning my relationship practice now. It's about the practice and keeping it going, not about doing or getting any particular thing. This man has a lot of intimacy issues and he's been making me deal with it instead of dealing with it himself. But there are two things to remember about a relationship practice; one, not everyone is willing to do the practice, and two, not everyone practices in the same way.