Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 10:03 am

Francis wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Francis wrote:
Nothing strange in and of itself. I just mix foods together that my wife says shouldn't go together. Last night for supper I had pickled herring, pudding and marshmallows, and washed it down with some orange juice.

Now, I am waiting 2 weeks for the McBaine Testicle Festival. Beer battered and deep fried.

I would like to go to that :D

If the MKT was still running, you'd be able to get on in Austin and take it right to the McBaine, Missouri stop.

MKT?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 10:20 am

Well I love anchovies, I eat them right out of the can sometimes. I don't know if that's odd but I do know most people seem to hate them.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 6:47 pm

Quote:
MKT?

The Missouri-Kansas-Texas railroad. It's an old decomissioned line. Some folks called it 'The Katy"

Sorry. I'm way off subject now..

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 8:05 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
Well I love anchovies, I eat them right out of the can sometimes. I don't know if that's odd but I do know most people seem to hate them.

Yah! Me too!

I put anchovies in my lasagna, between the two layers of mozzarella that finalizes it before baking. I usually sample a couple from the tins too--gotta make sure they're palatable, haha.

My parents thought calamari was possibly the weirdest food ever--I ordered it once at a restaurant as an appetizer, and they turned about three shades of green after I told them what it was. So I got to eat it all myself!

Yeesh--it was fried calamari even, and tubes only. They would've puked on the table, no doubt, had I ordered the marinated calamari, or had either been served with tentacles.

Oh, and they had an issue with steamers too, although my dad did sorta like those once he got past his initial "yuck" at having to peel off the membrane.

They never could understand why I loved New England so much, and why I live here still. :D

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

Oh--sorry for the double-post, but I completely forgot about when they came to visit me and we went out for lobster, and I ate the tomalley.

That sent them over the edge, and they must have concluded, "Ugh :eew:, best just to leave him here before he corrupts the whole family."

WoodenNickel
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2009, 6:15 pm

I'm an American who hates American food. With a foreign wife who can cook, that's not a problem for me. :) Others, though, at times have found my food to be too aromatic. If there's one thing most Americans hate, it's a natural odor. They'd much rather smell their scented toilet paper. (The scent gives me a rash. Besides, I never understood the point.)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 11:09 am

Sati wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:
As for me, most of the wierd things I eat are acidic or salty in nature. I just love those sorts of things. For example, I drink the juice from pickle jars and green olive jars.

I also drink pickle juice! I think it feels great when I have a sore throat.

I laughed a little when I read this. I have a friend who's from Belarus (a small country between Russia and Poland), and he said he drinks pickle juice for hangovers. I tried it too, and it works fairly well, although I had some trouble getting past the taste.

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2009, 12:38 pm

I don't think I eat anything odd but I do like very tart/ sour/tangy things, I have come close to drinking pickle juice but usually just put it in things like potatoe salad. Home made tartare sauce, salad dressings. I love sour cherries out of the jar, all citrus, lemons in anything at all, apple cider vinegar, sour berries, fresh pineapple, sour passionfruit, apricots, I cook fruits and don't use any sweetner. My kids and husband won't touch it but will if I add sweetner. Plain yoghurt........................

My boys and I have quite a few gut issues and thus dietary restrictions. We eat as much organic as we can get. Run all over trying to source it. My whole family does meal reversal.

I am very particular with how food is arranged and what goes with what food. For example when I ate wheat, the way a hotdog was made. It must have a cold bun, certain brand of frankfurt, real butter on the roll, then mustard on the frankfurt, not the bun, then tomatoe sauce on the frank and some on the bun or it's too dry, then anything else on the top of that. If it is not the same I have trouble eating it. If I have curry chicken and rice I need a round plate with rice spread out flat all over the inside of the plate then the curried chicken in the middle in a neat mound so that the rice is all around the curry in a nice circle and the juice gets in the rice in the middle but I have some plain to eat too. My youngest son will only eat his rice and chicken if they are seperate.

Then things like you must have roasts with roast vegis some green veg and the appropriate sauce, gravy, condiment or extas. Ie chicken with gravy, bread sauce. Turkey with gravy and Cranberry, lamb gravy and mint sauce or jelly. No salad, no vegis cooked any other ways, no wrong sauces, no missing bits. These all may seem fairly normal run of the mill things but I cannot eat it if there is any variation to this.

My kids won't eat cold things, they like crunchy textures, not smooth and lumpy together. My 10 year old likes very hot as in taste hot food as well as sour things.

I don't eat food from take out places.Too many isues to mention here. Only in resteraunts that we know and they know us very well and even then it is not often. If we do the food has to be exactly what we asked for and how we like it or it does not get eaten......... no point is there? Why we don't go out much to eat.

My husband will and gets away with eating anything, anywhere, anytime. He however has the proverbial "cast irion gut" Our food issues annoy him no end.

Cheers

am_suomi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Sep 2009, 1:07 pm

A few more:
Raw pasta (can be any shape. I think this started from being so excited when it was pasta night that I just couldn't wait for the pasta to cook). I probably have it a few times a week.
Hot chocolate powder
Butter (margarine isn't worth it. Will eat crackers/bread just to have some butter. But butter alone is just as good)
Sugar/butter mix
Rock salt (as a kid)
Salt from bottom of pretzel bag