do you eat things that others find odd?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:40 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I often eat condiments by themselves.

The world could not survive without condiments! There's at least one perfect condiment for every actual food - the adventure is finding just the right one(s) in every case. I often blend condiments to get just the right flavor explosion. Actually, I consider real food just a vehicle for getting the condiment to my mouth.

:twisted: And for my money the HOTTER the better. :twisted:

Sriracha is the new Ketchup!

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:56 pm

You're all so funny! Yikes :eew:

Lab Pet tends to like bland plain foods. I like ice though. Does that count?

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2009, 1:14 am

good food ive invented.
-bagles with cream cheese, jam, and coconut shreads.
-quesadias with hummus and wasabi.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2009, 2:28 am

Weird food eating? No. However I do odd food combinations. I mix breakfast lunch and dinner foods together on a regular basis because I'm usually not sure what time it is anyway. I eat a burrito for breakfast, then cereal for lunch, then a salad and raw fruits for dinner with mashed potatoes. Sometimes I snack all day on leftovers of one favourite meal and not eat any formal meals at all. My breakfast which I just finished off is a tasty vegetarian chili... I might have some more later, eat it all day... tempting ideas coming to mind...

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 3:06 am

Sati wrote:
I think the food I eat isn't strange, but I'm a vegan and a lot of people think that all vegan food is "weird" (even when it's just plain vegetables...)
Yay! I'm not the only one who finds it odd that vegan food is considered "odd." Chips, anyone?

Weirdest thing I like to eat is pencils. I can't help it, I've been doing it since I was about four. Sometimes I just get a hankering. :oops:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:30 am

Willard wrote:
:twisted: And for my money the HOTTER the better. :twisted:

Sriracha is the new Ketchup!

I couldn't second that any better.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:31 am

Possible pica or just plain picky topic

Ate some canned dog food (just a bit) on crackers as a kid. :roll:

Raw butterscotch chips (as an adult)

Frozen stale bread I once tossed to some birds (in winter). I was a kid (Kids do the darndest things.)

The sour/sweet crumbs from the bottom of the Cherry Blasters bag. (So do adults.)

Food my kids leave behind. (I hate to waste food, and this saves me from dishing out my own plate. :D)

Cold tea, cold popcorn, cold pizza, skim milk powder, raw oatmeal. You get it. :roll:

The clear yellow glue that used to be in those glass bottles from 1960 or so. (As a kid.)

My meal diet was rationed as a kid. Always hungry, I would eat what I could quickly find.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:32 am

sartresue wrote:
Possible pica or just plain picky topic

Ate some canned dog food (just a bit) on crackers as a kid. :roll:

Raw butterscotch chips (as an adult)

Frozen stale bread I once tossed to some birds (in winter). I was a kid (Kids do the darndest things.)

The sour/sweet crumbs from the bottom of the Cherry Blasters bag. (So do adults.)

Food my kids leave behind. (I hate to waste food, and this saves me from dishing out my own plate. :D)

Cold tea, cold popcorn, cold pizza, skim milk powder, raw oatmeal. You get it. :roll:

The clear yellow glue that used to be in those glass bottles from 1960 or so. (As a kid.)

My meal diet was rationed as a kid. Always hungry, I would eat what I could quickly find.

I've eaten some of those. Not dog food, though.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:38 am

I eat a salmon filet on whole wheat bun smeared with mayo and horseradish daily.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:51 am

Shebakoby wrote:
-dry cereal (out of a cup)

I refuse to have it any other way :lol: Dry cereal is one of my favorite deserts. I hate cereal with milk in it!! I have my milk in a cup on the side to sip from while eating the cereal.

As for me, most of the wierd things I eat are acidic or salty in nature. I just love those sorts of things. For example, I drink the juice from pickle jars and green olive jars. I eat ketchup straight, I eat feta cheese straight, I drink soy sauce straight, I've sucked like a candy vitamin C tablets that were meant to be swollowed - extremely sour, actually burnt the surface of my tongue for weeks. I also used to be completely addicted to the sugar substitute Equal and would pop packets like nobody's business :P as a kid I used to eat weeds from the school yard.

But the weirdest one may actually be .. packing peanuts!! They weren't styrofoam.. they were made out of something else. Tasted like popcorn.

Speaking of popcorn, I get the saltiest, butteriest kind I can find and I lick out the inside of the bag when I am done! It's always covered in a crust of salty buttery coating. Yumm.

Most of the stuff in this thread I don't even find odd. Cold pepperoni, plain jam, plain butterscotch chips, salt/sour crumbs from bags... you mean most people don't eat that stuff?

Last edited by mitharatowen on 17 Sep 2009, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:53 am

mitharatowen wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:
-dry cereal (out of a cup)

I refuse to have it any other way :lol: Dry cereal is one of my favorite deserts. I hate cereal with milk in it!! I havb emy milk in a cup on the side to sip from while eating the cereal.

As for me, most of the wierd things I eat are acidic or salty in nature. I just love those sorts of things. For example, I drink the juice from pickle jars and green olive jars. I eat ketchup straight, I eat feta cheese straight, I drink soy sauce straight, I've sucked like a candy vitamin C tablets that were meant to be swollowed - extremely sour, actually burnt the surface of my tongue for weeks. I also used to be completely addicted to the sugar substitute Equal and would pop packets like nobody's business :P as a kid I used to eat weeds from the school yard.

But the weirdest one may actually be .. packing peanuts!! They weren't styrofoam.. they were made out of something else. Tasted like popcorn.

Speaking of popcorn, I get the saltiest, butteriest kind I can find and I lick out the inside of the bag when I am done! It's always covered in a crust of salty buttery coating. Yumm.

Most of the stuff in this thread I don't even find odd. Cold pepperoni, plain jam, plain butterscotch chips, salt/sour crumbs from bags... you mean most people don't eat that stuff?

Green olive juice is one of my favorites!

whipstitches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2009, 10:56 am

Well, it has recently been brought to my attention that drinking the juice from the pickle jar (in a glass) is weird. It is also apparently weird to drink Alkalseltser (sp?) for the flavor. I guess since these are things that I drink, I didn't consider them "eating" weird things. :shrug:

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 1:34 pm

oh oh oh I used to eat dry skim milk powder too!

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2009, 3:05 pm

Yes!

I like peanut butter and bologna sandwiches (also frankfurters and peanut butter). Sometimes I have lettuce in these combos or rarely cheese instead of the lettuce.

I mix my own ice creams, for example starting with vanilla as a base, put in ginger, a dash of clove, malt, chocolate powder and a dash of orange peel or lemon peel.

I also make curried rice starting by boiling the rice with water containing some pineapple juice and sesame oil.

I also will put sour creme and curry/ginger powder in the opened top part of a meat pie, but just a little.

I also mix orange juice and tonic water and have that most mornings with breakfast.

Although this is not so strange when not just making French roast coffee I'll mix to my own specifications: 65% French roast, 30% Mocha Java and 5% Espresso. To me this tastes like a "chord" (I'm a musician) with the Espresso being the low note, the FR the middle and the MJ the top note.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2009, 3:06 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
oh oh oh I used to eat dry skim milk powder too!

I used to munch on frozen peas or cut off a slice of cabbage and munch on that!!

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2009, 3:07 pm

whipstitches wrote:
Well, it has recently been brought to my attention that drinking the juice from the pickle jar (in a glass) is weird. It is also apparently weird to drink Alkalseltser (sp?) for the flavor. I guess since these are things that I drink, I didn't consider them "eating" weird things. :shrug:

Wow! me too! I also drink beet juice from pickled beets!! !