Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2009, 7:19 pm

I have been at WP a few weeks by now so maybe it's time for a small introduction. I need to keep this very brief because I am pretty sensitive to feeling loss of privacy.

Born and raised in Sweden. Have twin sister. Also a kid sister. I have hyperlexia. Taught myself to read and write and age 2. School bored and stressed me a lot. Was always best in math and never had any errors on tests despite never doing home work at all. Also always best in art with my drawings all over the class room walls.

Serious crisis round 13. Emotional connection with mom was never to grow back. I was pretty much best in class in math and physics round age 18 and also our class was more or less nation's top. At university I did math and physics and was slightly above average. Broke off studies some time before masters level. Then art school. Was seen as best ever at that school despite being the only student not having gone thru the preparatory 1 year school all others had. Round that time also playing music in many different orchestras. One which was seen as "the best" at that time (in which I played percussion).

Those are pretty much my three high points ( .. this far :) ) Math, art and music. Later came long period of crisis. Therapy. Asperger diagnosis. But was so stressed then that I could not take it in properly. Didn't really mean anything to me then.

Got worse stressed up until first dad then one year later mom died. Natural causes. That was major crisis but soon also feeling it was a release. Struggled to get back ever since. Met my girlfriend a few years ago and she has been an enormous help and inspiration and still is!

People (psychiatrists) have felt me not too likely to earn a living. So I never really did. Except a few spells way back when I was still studying. So, it wasn't until half way thru this summer that I returned to my autistic diagnosis. Not until then (now!) was I even beginning to be able to try to find out if I felt it was right and what it might mean.

Now I feel it ever more accurate. I think my crisis after the parents' deaths was such that I had to survive minute by minute, at first .. then more like day by day. I mean in emotional terms. It was mainly anxiety that was happening. Maybe ought to add: parents were both professors at big university nearby. But both had emotional issues. Dad alcoholic and mom is always a polar bear in my dreams or some equally fierce beast :-( meaning: we were not close. So my childhood home was both established and flawed in a complicated way. Also, I was raised by nannies. And the nanny changed to a new nanny all the time in the early years. Extremely confusing.

The last few years I've been living alternately in the US and Sweden (ratio 1:2) because my girlfriend lives in Texas with her daughter.

that will have to be enough

fav music right now: St. Germain and Miles Davis

current book: Jane Eyre

last seriously nice book: Demian by Hesse

major souce of strength: One Day at a Time by Al-Anon.

Last edited by Woodfish on 18 Sep 2009, 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 8:57 pm

Wow. It takes some strength to go through all that and still go.

There's all kinds of characters here to get to know, and all kinds of artist and musicians.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 8:59 pm

Hello Woodfish,

Welcome To

What it might mean, is that you will meet some neat people with Very similar thoughts and feelings.
:)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 10:09 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 3:08 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

I am also hyperlexic. I know how it is!

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2009, 5:12 am

Thanks for all the very nice welcomes! Looking forward to joining this nice paradox :D a large group of super solitaries.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2009, 5:56 am

Welcome to WP!!

I'm part Swedish myself BTW. Also good at math and music but not so good at art!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 9:56 am

Greetings, Woodfish, and welcome aboard the Wrong Planet.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 11:37 am

Wow.
I hope you have a good time here. I think the world needs your talents.