Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2009, 8:52 pm

yeah recently i wn\ent to a big shopping centre which had a store dedicated to warhammer

and real games not electronic, and im very interested in buying some, cos i really reckon id like painting my own figurines,

i was wondering where is the best place to buy them, mainly the cheapest i mean cos 45 to 60 bucks for about ten figue\res
is alot, but it is understandable so if no-one knows a cheap price fine,
ill buy some later, ive been interested in the space marines, i wanna paint them black and put cool stuff on them

anyways does anyone know of OTHER games like warhammer, i mean proper warhammer not the console games???

btw does it matter if you paint over a previous coloring of warhammer figurines????

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 8:24 am

AngryJessman wrote:
yeah recently i wn\ent to a big shopping centre which had a store dedicated to warhammer

and real games not electronic, and im very interested in buying some, cos i really reckon id like painting my own figurines,

i was wondering where is the best place to buy them, mainly the cheapest i mean cos 45 to 60 bucks for about ten figue\res
is alot, but it is understandable so if no-one knows a cheap price fine,
ill buy some later, ive been interested in the space marines, i wanna paint them black and put cool stuff on them

anyways does anyone know of OTHER games like warhammer, i mean proper warhammer not the console games???

btw does it matter if you paint over a previous coloring of warhammer figurines????

Ebay is the motherlode for cheap second hand figures. As for other games like Warhammer.. try a google on WarMachine (Steam-powered battle-robots). Same scale, exellent models, similarly interesting background.

Re-painting is fine.. though depending on the miniature its often better to strip the paint first THEN paint. I use cellulose thinners for metal models, and I'm informed that dettol shifts paint off plastic figures, though I have yet to try this method myself.

Beyond Warhammer and Warmachine there are literally hundreds of games/manufacturers out there, producing metal and plastic figures for all periods of history and hundreds of fantasy/sci fi mileus. For example, Battlefront produce a comprehensive 15mm ww2 range, as do Skytrex and Peter Pig.. Warlord Games do english Civil War 28mm plastic... Pendraken do a 10mm Aliens (like the film) range. I could go on..

BTW for compatibility, Warhammer miniatures are in the scale usually referred to as 28mm heroic (though a lot of the range drift to 30mm) but be warned, if you're in an official Games Workshop store they may get moody about using non-GW miniatures.

Space Marines have a HUGE background.. have a google for Marine Chapters...