Foods you cant stand?And foods you love.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2009, 7:28 pm

I wanna know what foods you cant stand and for what reasons if you have any also food you absoultly love.
For me its
1.eggs-do to the smell and texture and taste unless backed into something like cookies or has a binder in somthing savory or a custard
2.Mushrooms dont know why besides taste and smell
3.Bell peppers
4.Fish due to smell and texture besides,new england clam chowder and clam cakes. and sushi I know wierd.
5.No one else will get this but red sauce.
I cant thinks of anymore dislikes
But I love
1.pancakes
2.rice pudding
3.sweet potatoes
4.potatoes
5.carrots
6.squash such as zucchini,butternut squash,pumpkin
7.broccoli
8.cheese
9.lots of fruit
10.Meat (no piggy jokes)
11.bacon
12.chochlate
13.Nuts
Cant thinks of anything else.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 9:23 pm

I can't stand celery!! And all melons. I gave up meat when I was 8 because I found the taste and texture repulsive.

Nowadays I'll pretty much eat anything except celery and melons as long as it's vegan.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2009, 9:39 pm

Yeah celery is pretty gross I like melons but I only every had canteloupe or watermelon never honeydew and thats supposed to be the money melon.How can you be vegen I would die with out milk,cheese,yogurt or bacon and pastrami.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 10:08 pm

MagnusArmstrong wrote:
Yeah celery is pretty gross I like melons but I only every had canteloupe or watermelon never honeydew and thats supposed to be the money melon.How can you be vegen I would die with out milk,cheese,yogurt or bacon and pastrami.

It's very easy. I drink soy and coconut milk and eat soy and coconut yoghurt. Never was a big fan of cheese, and like I said above I never liked meat :) Once I learned about the issues I had no problem avoiding eggs and dairy.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 10:32 pm

I eat everything except outrageously bizarre dishes like rotten shark, maggot infested cheese or live animals.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2009, 10:58 pm

One of my favorite dish is a sweet potatoe caserole with a brown sugar pecan topping it is my favorire alone with my moms broccolil casserole with a awesome sauce and chesse on top its the best.I would probably eventually get sick of sweet potatoes but I doubt it. I know you dont like meat but by anychance have your ever had pastrami.Fried pickles are the best.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 5:40 pm

I have always very a very finicky eater. Some of the foods & beverages that I can't stand are onions, bell peppers, lettuce, cotton candy, raisins, sodas, curry, chutney, pepper, processed cheese, fruit punch, Gatorade, cabbage, calamari, any alcoholic beverages, tuna fish, liver, anything from Mcdonald's, coffee, mayonnaise, escargot, pate de foie gras, tripe, menudo, octopus, salad dressing, tarragon, and coconut.

The foods & drinks I love are cheese pizza, spaghetti, popcorn, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, lasagna, ravioli, turkey, Goldfish crackers, beef tacos, macaroni & cheese, chocolate chip cookies, V8 Fusion, milk, chocolate milk, Fritos, cheese & crackers, pudding, Ovaltine, Reeses Pieces, yogurt, and frozen yogurt.

When my mother was alive, I used to help out with cooking. Some of the foods we used to cook together were pancakes, scrambled eggs, turkey burgers, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, tacos, spaghetti, garlic bread, brownies, rice krispies treats, cookies, quesadillas, French toast, tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, and cakes. Sometimes, she would cook a new recipe & she would call it a "taste treat." We also used to go out to eat a lot. Some of the restaurants we used to eat at were Jack In The Box, Denny's, Coco's, Wendy's, International House Of Pancakes, Round Table Pizza, Del Taco, In & Out Burger, Pizza Hut, and Love's Barbecue. The last time we ever ate together was dinner at Wendy's on Sunday, 25 November, 2012. I miss her a lot, and I think of her when I eat something that she liked to eat or at a place we used to eat at.

I sometimes have dinner with my father, and we go to some of the same places I went to with my mother. I also sometimes eat at his house. He likes to barbecue a lot, and I like to help out when I am there to eat.

rio76
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2017, 10:49 pm

i can't stand peas and frozen mixed vegs which are frequently used in fried rice.

foods i love - pasta, choc chip cookies and garlic bread :D

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 8:53 am

Likes: Chicken, Potatoes/Chips, Eggs (Scrambled or Fried), Baked Beans, Some Fish (Plaice, Cod, Haddock, Basa, Salmon, Trout), Curries, Cornflakes, Pears, Grapes, Bananas, Chocolate, Ice Cream, Tea, Coffee, Wine, Beer

Dislikes: Mushrooms, Sweetcorn, Cucumber, Pizza, Pasta, Tuna, Mustard, Avocados, Whisky

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:17 am

I don't like to eat anything that will give me gas, such as onions, cabbage and the like. Onions taste okay if they are cooked with butter, but I don't like the aftereffects. Any kind of food in the cabbage family is guaranteed to make me gassy.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 10:49 am

I would have no problems with a food, but then all of a sudden be unable to deal with the texture/taste/smell. And then sometimes it turns out okay again after a while. Other that:

Hate
Bitter melon. I think that's self-explanatory.
Stinky tofu. Also self-explanatory, I think. My family loves it though.
Celery & asparagus - hate the smell
Cupcakes - it's more because of the frosting, the smell/taste makes me feel sick
Doughnuts - it is just like cupcakes
All carbonated drinks - I hate the feeling of it fizzing. And once you take the fizz away, it tastes terrible
Gatorade - hate how it tastes

Love
Pepperoni
Seaweed
Fish
Potatoes
Chocolate chip cookies — if they're made right
A lot of stuff, actually

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:04 pm

love
curry
chocolate

hate
________
fish, exception of tuna salad. in sushi, eel/salmon/tuna salad ok

oddnumberedcat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2017, 1:34 am

I hate, hate, hate, hate American yogurt. The slimy texture is just loathsome. I didn't even think I liked yogurt at all until I had Greek yogurt, but even at that, I have to eat it without thinking about what I'm eating. If I pay attention to the texture at all, it can still induce gagging.

I also don't like most noodles. As a kid, it had to be a specific brand of angel hair pasta, or I just wouldn't eat pasta at all. My range has since expanded, but they still have to be thin, or I feel like I'm slurping down worms.

I don't think I can name things I love, necessarily, since I cycle through food obsessions that I never revisit once I've had my fill of them (...months or years later). I don't think there's any consistent theme to them. Right now, I'm hooked on Clif Bars and vegetable sushi (hate raw fish), and that's pretty much all I eat, but a few months ago, it was Cobb salad and only Cobb salad.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:12 am

Olives. And basically any mushroom. Never liked their taste.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:01 am

Mayonnaise
Alfredo sauce
Sour cream
Fried chicken
Yellow cheeses
Grapefruit
Popcorn
Heavily buttered anything

I can't stand any of those.

I love kale though. It's my favorite food.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2017, 10:18 am

I really hate the smell of cooked broccoli and the taste of it. Blah