What's The Worst Job You Ever Had?

Page 6 of 6 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 6:32 am

I once had a job on the phone lines where we had to give tarot card readings to callers. It was such a rip off! We had a script and our priority was to keep them on the call for as long as possible (our pay was dictated by our call times). Anyway lots of people (mostly women) would be calling and we would just have to bullsh*t them for as long as we could. If they were on the phone for an hour (lots of them were) we had to cut them off! The reason being that the call charges dropped after an hour and so we would want them to call us back and start a new call!! !! ! How snide is that?

Anyway I could only do it for about 4 or 5 weeks before I felt too much of a conscience because my job simply involved deceiving people who were in an unhappy state. Most of the calls were from women who were worried about the man in their life. And we had to play on that and keep them on the phone at 50p a minute.

I swear as well that nobody in the office knew anything about tarot cards!! ! I didn't.

NathansMommy
Raven
Raven

04 Jun 2010, 1:22 pm

Robdemanc - That sounds awful! I always knew those call in psychic lines were a huge scam, but I didn't know how the reps knew what to say. Did they actually tell you how to answer questions that people would ask or did you just have to wing it and totally make stuff up off the top of your head?

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2010, 8:07 pm

Working as a stock boy for a super market, the worst part was taking out the garbage! i passed out every time i had to go. you needed a hazmat suit just to go near it. and i cut my finger on a broken coke bottle.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

The one I have now, one raise every three years. :x

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."