Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 4:36 pm

Ok, I just find I have so much in common with the people on this forum! Whilst some of it is completely baffling to me, like, 80% is utterly relatable. the bits I can't relate to I find so interesting.
I feel really bad because before I'd thought ASD people were selfish and didnt care about anyone...I was so wrong and naive.
But yeah, the people here are really smart, and cool. And more like me than any people I know in real life.
I hope if I turn out to be an average NT, I'll still be welcome, here. :oops:

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 4:48 pm

:)

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 4:49 pm

:)

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 5:06 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Ok, I just find I have so much in common with the people on this forum! Whilst some of it is completely baffling to me, like, 80% is utterly relatable. the bits I can't relate to I find so interesting.
I feel really bad because before I'd thought ASD people were selfish and didnt care about anyone...I was so wrong and naive.
But yeah, the people here are really smart, and cool. And more like me than any people I know in real life.

When you were 12, we started writing the book of your life.....how we doing so far :?: :lol:

P.S.
.....& some Hot ones too :tongue:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 5:10 pm

DaWalker wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

When you were 12, we started writing the book of your life.....how we doing so far :?: :lol:

P.S.

i didnt get your reply at all. :cry: could you explain?
lol i'm just silly, humour passes over my head a lot! :P

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 6:19 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:

Of course you are, at least to me - even if you dont think I am cool :wink:

And dont worry about DaWalker, he is one of those here I think is very cool and is a nice person :D
And humour use to pass over my head too, thats part of my AS :P

jennyishere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 7:57 pm

Hi, Spazzergasm! I'm an NT (and average-ish) and I certainly feel welcome here. And Xalepax is right about DaWalker- he's a sweetie. Just PRETEND that you understand his jokes- that's what I always do. :D :wink:

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

DaWalker wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

P.S.

I think he's pretty much saying that you were destined to come here <shrug>. Dont worry, took me a while to develop my sense of jokes too.

Guess we gotta work on his sense of metaphors. :lol: Dont worry, im relatively new here as well, dxed in the spectrum. Chances are, you have a friend similar to us in real life and didnt even know it . . . or an acquaintance. Welcome to our world within the world. :D

25 Sep 2009, 8:50 pm

I think Da Walker means that when the OP was 12, this forum started so all this was here when he joined. He had five years of reading about our lives. :lol:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

25 Sep 2009, 9:59 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:

I feel the same way! I stumbled on this site earlier this month and have been back almost every day since. :D

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 10:27 pm

er well you know it comes naturally.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

TheMisfit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Sep 2009, 1:22 am

I feel the same. Like the way people communicate here. Simple, straightforward.

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2009, 1:28 am

I love it here too! :D

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 3:06 am

Spazzergasm wrote:
DaWalker wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

P.S.

i didnt get your reply at all. :cry: could you explain?
lol i'm just silly, humour passes over my head a lot! :P

Okey Dokey then, I was in a hurry to be somewhere (right on time of course) and did not explain myself very clearly............(first time for everything) 8)

When I found this site quite a while back, I felt as though someone had been recording my thoughts, feelings and fears without me knowing it. These people knew things about me that I never told anyone, they even knew things that my parents didn't even know, and as it turns out they knew things that even I didn't know. So basically, I felt like they were writing a book all about me (back when I was self-centered and narcissistic). 8)

And yes...SG nailed it as usual, the site had started 5 years ago, which would have made you about twelve. The "WE" reference, refers to "We the People of WP". Now of course I was not a founding member here, (but I was lurking in 2005). It was not until recently, that I would crawl out of the lurking shadows as a visitor, to become a member. As a member, I am have only begun to learn this “communicate” thingy which has baffled me all of my life. So please don’t take it to personal about not understanding what I say or how I say it, most others don’t understand it either.

Now as far as being welcomed here......well, even if you do turn out be a weird NT, we'd probably treat you the same as an Aspie........whether you like it or not :twisted:

OH...and the people here Really are cool headed for the most part, though occasionally SomeBody will get Hot Headed and / or sarcastic :P

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 6:14 am

i get it!! ! :D. sorry, its not just you. XD a lot of jokes pass over my head. XD
back when you were self-centered and narssisisstic? :O. i did used to be a lot meaner as well. even if it didnt show, i felt it in my head. what made you want to change?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 6:57 am

Spazzergasm wrote:

Of course you will! This forum is available to everyone! :D