What food do you dislike / hate ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 1:28 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I don't blame you with the Grape Nuts. That has to be the nastiest stuff around.

:lol: One of my four scrap books has a picture of me as a small girl, crying real hard to the point of a red face, with my head under the table, resting on the chair.... A bowl of Grape nuts cerial on the table.. That's how much I hated that. I ate it once as an adult to. Over the photo, my parents wrote "I don't want it!" Hah

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2009, 8:14 am

Offal .....lumpy custard....lumpy mashed potatoes.
Sea Cucumber ( which isn't a vegetable but a slimy sort of sea slug)

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 1:42 am

* All meats (whoo for vegetarianism!)...especially processed meat/sausage/bacon. Seriously, if I walk into a room and smell sausages cooking, i'll start to gag.

* All fish - can't stand the smell either

* Eggs - can't tolerate them on their own: only when mixed into something. Egg salad makes me choke.

* Iceberg Lettuce

* Most cold savory foods: i.e. cold sandwiches and salads - room temperature is usually fine

* Uncooked onions

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 7:10 am

just thought of another one - raisins. I can lose my appetite for a whole day if I accidentally find a raisin somewhere in my food (and they often get mixed up in foods from the same production line).

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2009, 7:39 am

I hate when delicious food gets tainted with disgusting ingredients like lemon cheese cake or orange chocolate cake, also mint, coffee and raisins.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2009, 1:24 pm

I don't like brown rice and meat.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 2:02 pm

Cheese - the most disgusting food on the planet, and also the reason people are fat.

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2009, 6:21 pm

gramirez wrote:
Cheese - the most disgusting food on the planet, and also the reason people are fat.

I don't think I could live without cheese.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 6:32 pm

beets, and I've never even tried them-the smell is enough to know.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 6:33 pm

Cheese is coagulated animal secretions. :eew:

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 6:42 pm

TheDuck wrote:
gramirez wrote:

I don't think I could live without cheese.

Case in point.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 10:32 am

Dog food, coconut.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

09 Oct 2009, 12:34 pm

mitharatowen, I have a tomato issue as well. I'll eat pasta sauce, pizza, I cook with tinned tomatoes all the time, and I don't mind sun-dried. But fresh - ick. (I don't like ketchup either, though. Or brown sauce. I'm generally a bit funny around condiments.)

On olives - I adore black ones, can't stand green ones.

Other stuff I can't stand:
MAYO! Why, oh why do they seem to put it in every single pre-packed sandwich on the market these days?
Tofu.
Beetroot.
Sweetcorn I'm funny about...on the cob is fine, as a vegetable with peas and gravy is fine, but I don't like it in things...soup, or, a particular bugbear, Young's make fish pies and I love them, but one of the varieties has sweetcorn in and I can't stand it.
Grated carrot. (Like a lot of these, this is a hangover from things I used to hate in school lunches.) Whole or sliced carrots are fine.
Pork and ham. Bacon I'm OK with as long as it's crisped, but there's something rubbery about the others.
Luncheon meat, aka Spam.
The white of eggs. OK when it's mixed in when they're scrambled...but if there's visible white (as in poached or boiled) I have to remove it.
Especially, though, pureéd fruit or vegetables. Never liked swede, hate mushy peas, can't stand stewed apple - applesauce to you Americans. (My mother had cravings for it when she was pregnant, oddly.) To me, they just seem to have the texture of baby food. Can't eat very thick soups, for that same reason. Pretty much OK with most fruit or veg as long as they're not boiled to a pulp. Which, unfortunately, used to be the standard British way of cooking veg, but we've gotten a lot better in recent years.

gramirez, I suggest you get out there and meet some of the many fat vegans in this world. I think tofu is gross, but I don't go round suggesting it's to blame for their girth. (Actually, after years of observing various people's eating habits, about the only thing I would reliably blame anyone's girth on is their genetics, but that's not the issue here.)