Have you ever dated another Aspie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 6:32 pm

I was wondering how many aspies here are/have dated(ing) or married other aspies.

-SpaceCase :D

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 7:55 pm

Yes, but now im going out with an Adder (ADHD) person

The aspie person in question had bi polar issues as well. Didn't know she was asperger at the time but all her siblings and father were asperger so...i kinda should of seen it really

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2006, 1:36 am

yeah i have. its kinda fun i guess, but waaay to intense, and the communication sucked ASs..........

midge
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2006, 11:47 pm

I'm marrying one in a few weeks! :D It has worked out wonderfully. I communicate with him more easily and comfortably than I have ever communicated with anyone! I think it's because we are both inherently very honest and both need to communicate in a very direct, open, verbal way, and understand each other's feelings, thoughts, and needs quite well. In this way, and in other ways, I think relationships between aspies can be very successful :)

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2006, 11:48 pm

My ex husband (my childs father) is an aspie. We were great together for a long time, it was our aspie traits that broke us up. (had it not been for other things we would probably still be married.)

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 1:10 am

I am currently goind out with an Autie. I wouldn't give up our relationship for anything, and I'm planning on it continuing for many many centuries.

Vae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2006, 2:47 am

I would love to have the chance to date an aspie. It's just that I've never met an aspie that lives anywhere near me.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 4:57 am

My adress is listed! Somebody come kill me or date me! :wink:

I think it could work out well, we just gotta work out who rants when. I don't know if you like listening to rants, but i love em. So if you wanna rant about s**t to me, open the floodgates!

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2006, 4:50 pm

I suspect that my girlfriend is Aspie to some degree.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2006, 5:14 pm

i've found aspie love a few times :heart: it had its own unique challenges, but also its own unique rewards :D *goes all wistful* i found the rewards so deep and worthwhile, it was amazing to feel connected to someone similar. i wouldn't really consider relationships with NTs now. what relationships i've had with NTs were confusing and difficult and draining, and ultimately unrewarding too :cry:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 8:49 am

Now you mention it, I did meet Aspie woman at English grammar class. She is more talkative and social for Aspie. I don’t know much about Aspie woman at all, we have more in common then 99 percent of woman. She is an Atheist, likes movies like, Lord Of The Rings and hates soap opera.

While I am trying to denounce all geeky things from my life in order to find a partner, She however does not. I guess she has not been on this NT planet as long as I have and to need, and find being different really sucks.

My workmate said was looking at my message and she wanted to know what an Aspie was I said Geek, this is not completely accurate because I don’t come off as a stereotypical geek and neither does she. I am sure the rest of the world see her as an NT; however, I don’t think that they would see me as one or they might see me as a slow NT or something.

Sunni
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Feb 2006, 11:34 pm

The vast majority of people just bore me to death! I don't think I would make it very far in the company of someone totally 'normal'. In fact I'd probably run screaming on the second day.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 4:19 pm

Same here, I tried fit in and not think logically and scientifically, one time I decided to go to Church and get used to excepting and agreeing with crap. But I could not stand the selective morality, hypocrisy, and disrespect religions that have more conservative views. I had to say what needs to be said, and I said it in front of 200 hundred.

One thing I cannot get used to is NT lies and dogma. One time a Christian said to me “The truth will set me free”. I said ,the truth, we Aspies are the angel of the blimin truth, you want to know the truth, then talk to those who are less inclined to lie.

Don’t get me wrong, I live in an office full of NT’s but I love them all, however I don’t think that most NT’s would see me as a good catch.