Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mikeyb
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2009, 8:04 pm

okay so my dad is definitely aspergers. i dont have a problem with that, but the problem i do have is that he is always yelling at little things, i mean the SMALLEST things! I can never get on his good side... he yells about crumbs on the floor, someone forgetting to do something, my mom, all the kids. he has been like this my whole life, basically he's really abusive then the next minute he is an angel.. it is wierd and really messes with my emotions. I am pretty sure he is the reason I am really self conscious, think I am the ugliest person(even though I look decent), have OCD unwanted thoughts.

so does anyone know if there is anything i can get him to do, or any medication he can take for his rage and temper? anyone elses parents like this?

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2009, 8:32 pm

Parents? *I* am like that.
The best thing is to just avoid upsetting him, IMO. There are things that to another person would seem insignificant, but not to me. It's not the thing itself, but that someone else completely ignored something I had said before (some variant of "I'm leaving these things like this, don't touch them" or "don't ever do this thing", basically). People often dismiss that because they're only trivial details for them, but it's the dismissal itself which causes a fit of rage. After that is out, there's no reason to be angry anymore. Until they do it again, of course...