Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

28 Sep 2009, 9:21 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090925/od_nm/us_castration

I always suffer from ambivalence in regards to issues like this. Its not that I don't believe they deserve this action, but once the line is crossed, who is next to suffer a similar "treatment". Placing human beings in tiers of "human-ness" is a dangerous path to begin.

This sections scares the hell out of me:

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late last year he wanted obligatory castration for pedophiles, whom he branded 'degenerates'. Tusk said he did not believe "one can use the term 'human' for such individuals, such creatures."

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

kip
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 11:14 pm

I'm with you on that idea. I agree, if you're going to use your little man to mess with kids, you really shouldn't be allowed to have one.

But... it was only 50 years ago that gays were chemically castrated... I'd hate to see the world slip back to that.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 12:11 am

These people who hate pedophiles the worst, you know what you're likely to find on the ends of their penises? Their sons and daughters.

This stuff does not come from a desire to make things better. It comes from a desire to find a way to "get at" a humanity that they hate.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

it's not forced castration - it's obligatory medical treatment, which is against the convention too, but in this case it's just prevention.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 2:07 pm

bonuspoints wrote:
This sections scares the hell out of me:

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late last year he wanted obligatory castration for pedophiles, whom he branded 'degenerates'. Tusk said he did not believe "one can use the term 'human' for such individuals, such creatures."

he said that to take over some of the right-wing electorate. his party was beginning to be perceived as too leftist and his main political enemies are right-wing conservatives. so he said that and a few other things, but round here everyone knows he's a weed-smoking hippy at heart. it's just PR.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2009, 3:19 pm

This is another example for foaming out the mouth logic.

Obviously Paedophiles who commit crimes against children should be punished, but castration is too far - I mean its not gonna stop all other paedophiles from doing it.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 3:28 pm

Human rights are supposed to be inalienable. Otherwise they would be human privileges.

y es como un semestre"

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 6:17 pm

The anti-pedophi9lia people have been taking this whole thing retrograde since the Kinsey reports. It is far more profitable to paint relatively harmless people as monsters than it is to treat them and return them to society as profitable citizens. The anti-pedophiles have been deliberately damaging good people and society because they know that they can get away with it and profit from it.