Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2010, 8:27 pm

I have 2 Dreamcast but only on works as I took the CD controller board out of one because the disc lid switch had failed and the one I took the board out of the CD eye had failed in it.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:09 am

NES
SNES
N64
Atari
Gamecube

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 10:08 am

Dilbert wrote:
-

I had an A500 too. I'm running UAE:

http://www.winuae.net/
(Site is down at the moment...)

I'm running Shadow of The Beast, Defender of the Crown, Elite, and a bunch of other classics. UAE is a flawless emulator. Every game ever made for Amiga will run under it. It supports mice and joysticks and the different graphics modes, and sound; pretty much everything you would ever want.

You need two things to get it going, besides the emulator. One, you need the Amiga ROM. They are copyrighted, but if you own an Amiga I don't see why you couldn't download a ROM from somewhere. And two, you need a floppy disk image of your favorite games. Most of the old games are abandonware so you can download them freely. Google! :)

So, I just bought a copy of the Amiga ROM from Amiga Forever, it seems to come with its own emulator, or should I still use winuae?
How do I then run my old games?, I have the old Amiga floppies, and a floppy drive on my PC, do I just insert them?, will the PC drive be able to read them?, or do I have to do something else?

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 11:17 am

Nambo wrote:
Dilbert wrote:
-

I'm running Shadow of The Beast, Defender of the Crown, Elite, and a bunch of other classics. UAE is a flawless emulator. Every game ever made for Amiga will run under it. It supports mice and joysticks and the different graphics modes, and sound; pretty much everything you would ever want.

You need two things to get it going, besides the emulator. One, you need the Amiga ROM. They are copyrighted, but if you own an Amiga I don't see why you couldn't download a ROM from somewhere. And two, you need a floppy disk image of your favorite games. Most of the old games are abandonware so you can download them freely. Google! :)

So, I just bought a copy of the Amiga ROM from Amiga Forever, it seems to come with its own emulator, or should I still use winuae?
How do I then run my old games?, I have the old Amiga floppies, and a floppy drive on my PC, do I just insert them?, will the PC drive be able to read them?, or do I have to do something else?

If you're using an emulator, you have to use rom files to play games which are basically old Amiga disks converted into a format that can be recognised by a modern PC. You can find them on any number of sites by typing "amiga roms" into a Google search engine. If you bought Amiga Forever, the package comes with 50-100 games that you can play.

The following website is a good place to start if you're looking to get back into the Amiga:
www.lemonamiga.com

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2011, 9:52 pm

Nambo wrote:
Dilbert wrote:
-

To read Amiga disks you need either need a working Amiga with a null modem cable and maybe a serial to USB adapter or special hardware for the PC. Google "read amiga floppy on pc" for more information. The Amiga disk are in a completely different format, like the 400/800KB Mac and Apple II disks. To transfer data to and from my Apple IIe, I had to use a serial cable and a serial to USB adapter as my netbook does not have a serial port. I had to use a serial cable as Apple II 5.25 disks can not be read or written to, by PC 5.25 floppy drives, and even those are hard to find.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:41 pm

Cheers guys, and thanks for the link thats taken me to lots of good old Amiga games, it was great playing the best pinball game ever, "Slam Tilt" again.

One thing Iam wondering about, when I try Frontier Elite, does Amiga Forever store saved games ok?