US study finds 1 in 91 children now have autism

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 7:17 pm

Really, is my sanity that bad? You are too kind.

When CRD is taking PCP I smell something, what is it you ask? Brimstone

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 7:49 pm

Krasher wrote:
I still love sinking a couple of cruise ships carrying women with too much pride in their black hearts. It's a lot of fun hearing women call for help and laughing at them. Ah, the good ol' days were so great. :)

Okay, you are clearly delusional. I highly doubt that you've ever done this, and I don't know who you're trying to impress by sharing this "memory".

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 8:00 pm

pat2rome wrote:
Krasher wrote:
I still love sinking a couple of cruise ships carrying women with too much pride in their black hearts. It's a lot of fun hearing women call for help and laughing at them. Ah, the good ol' days were so great. :)

Okay, you are clearly delusional. I highly doubt that you've ever done this, and I don't know who you're trying to impress by sharing this "memory".

When the world gives you gas, impress the press by giving aid to those with aids.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 8:54 pm

I read about this and I think the survey had at least minimal integrity, even though it was a phone survey. If I recall correctly, they asked a bunch of general health questions with a few about autism spectrum disorders thrown in the mix. The figure sounds fairly believable to me, not necessarily because more people are autistic (although that is a possibility), but because we know so much more about it now. My son was recently diagnosed with AS, and as we learned about it, came to realize that my husband is very likely an Aspie, and I share many traits as well (may even be an Aspie too, who knows). Now there are suddenly 3 (possibly) people in my house with AS that didn't technically have AS last year. It's not hard to understand how a spike could occur.

One sidenote of the study that I found very interesting was that 40% of parents who stated that they had a child who had autism claimed that the child was no longer autistic. I don't know if these parents were included in the original statistics or not. I don't think that they were, but either way, really?! On second thought, maybe the study was total garbage.

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 8:59 pm

Isn't it obvious? These NT imbeciles are merely conforming to society by lying in a poll and then they have the audacity to reveal their treachery. How original.....

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 1:08 pm

Krasher wrote:
Cool your a tough guy, eh? Well I'm not drunk (although it might be fun in a padded cell).

When someone has been snooping around and trying to *successfully* threaten me, I smell something, what is it you ask? Brimstone.

No, no, no. I'm friendly guy. Remember, I was there chatting with you on your first post about the black widow spiders (go look it up). You told everyone your name (and other info) in the other thread about you! It just seems like you've suddenly changed personalities. This used to happen to me when I hit the bottle regularly (one of the many reasons I gave it up). Now it's a new day. You've had time to sleep on things whether induced by alcohol or emotion. This happens to everybody sometimes. You get really ticked off by something and vent without caring. You can come back and just say "Man, I got really messed up; sorry" and delete the bad posts. Nobody has PM'd a mod yet, it's within your power to smooth this over and just rub it out. I'm not going to hold any grudge against you.