Blue Jay
Blue Jay

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 6:47 pm

AspieCard wrote:
http://www.fox4kc.com/lifestyle/health/wdaf-autism-study-10509,0,2859617.story

Anything from Fox carries a large grain of salt with it. I don't trust them to be objective at all.

OuterBoroughGirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

I couldn't agree more about FOX. I don't trust their reporting of news any further than the distance between my computer and my TV -- and I live in a little studio, so that's a short distance.
It goes without saying that there is far too much hysteria and epidemic rhetoric.Is it any wonder that the wor "autism" strikes fear in people's hearts in a way no other neurological condition does.
The focus really needs to shift from the concept of autism as a "disease" comparable to pediatric cancer and AIDS, and the idea of a "cure." If autism could seen in a more realistic light, as a neurological condition with some rather unique characteristics, maybe the focus could be more where it should be, on appropriate treatment and support for individuals with autism and their loved ones as well.
I apologize if this post is somewhat incoherent. It's been a long day, and I'm having some trouble organizing my thoughts into cohesive sentences and paragraphs.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 8:19 am

It wasn't just FOX reporting it, unfortunately. http://elysebruce.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/were-not-in-kansas-anymore/
We all know how scientifically sound phone surveys are. :roll: They may as well have just pulled the statistics out of their butt.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 2:20 pm

serenity wrote:
It wasn't just FOX reporting it, unfortunately. http://elysebruce.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/were-not-in-kansas-anymore/
We all know how scientifically sound phone surveys are. :roll: They may as well have just pulled the statistics out of their butt.

Wait, it was a phone survey??? Wow. Now THAT'S scientific. I can't wait for someone to try to use this as evidence for the vaccine link and then get called out.

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 2:45 pm

Passive aggression will get us nowhere, war is our only hope for survival. They have been begging for this for quite some time.

-------

Pain and suffering is my desire for NT's

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 3:14 pm

Krasher wrote:
Passive aggression will get us nowhere, war is our only hope for survival. They have been begging for this for quite some time.

-------

Pain and suffering is my desire for NT's

....Wow. And just how did you come to this amazingly intellectual conclusion?

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 3:29 pm

Now why would you belittle me when we are of the same breed? Are you my enemy as well?

You make it sound like you don't want to fight back. At least not in a violent way. If you aren't willing to fight against our oppressors then you are weak.

The world wants us all dead and there are none that wish to stomp the enemy. Anyone who is different is shunned and bullied for now, but the world will destroy us all soon enough.

Science is weak, but faith is strong if you have the willpower and strength.

---------

Pain and suffering for NT's

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 3:47 pm

Krasher wrote:
Now why would you belittle me when we are of the same breed? Are you my enemy as well?

You make it sound like you don't want to fight back. At least not in a violent way. If you aren't willing to fight against our oppressors then you are weak.

The world wants us all dead and there are none that wish to stomp the enemy. Anyone who is different is shunned and bullied for now, but the world will destroy us all soon enough.

Science is weak, but faith is strong if you have the willpower and strength.

---------

Pain and suffering for NT's

Science isn't weak, science is reality. I have faith as well; I am an Episcopalian and I have a deep faith in Christ.

Why does the world want us all dead? How on Earth did you come to this conclusion? What do you have to back it up?

We are of the same breed. NT's and I are also the same breed. There are no subspecies of humans. But as long as you are proposing pain and suffering for NT's, I am indeed your enemy.

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 3:59 pm

You've been lied to, if you were a true Christian you wouldn't be supporting science. Evil weapons such as guns are mass produced and are made with the help of science.

You aren't a Christian, just a weakling who can't shake the world's pull. If you were a real Christian, you wouldn't be fooling around with your techno toys, you'd be saving a lot of souls every day.

It's disgusting how people hide behind filth to mask their unwavering unfaithfulness.

You don't have any faith at all, you put your trust in the green dung that infests your wallet.

None of you have the balls to fight in this war.

Go join your NT's, I'll be laughing when they stab you in the back. They always do....

---------

Pain and suffering for NT's and weak aspies

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 4:41 pm

AspieCard wrote:
http://www.fox4kc.com/lifestyle/health/wdaf-autism-study-10509,0,2859617.story

Before I buy this I would have to see the mechanics and techniques of the survey. What kind of questions were asked. Did the questions produce a bias. Were the subjects of the survey examined in person. Etc, etc, etc.

ruveyn

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 5:05 pm

Krasher I think you've found the wrong website and maybe you need to look else were to push your hate. I hope you get the help you very much need.

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 5:49 pm

CRD wrote:
Krasher I think you've found the wrong website and maybe you need to look else were to push your hate. I hope you get the help you very much need.

No, I've found the best site ever. Oh yeah I need help just not the kind you're talking about. Now are we going to plan world domination or not, my frienemies?

You aren't very different from the people you wish to join, you talk about my hatred?! I still love sinking a couple of cruise ships carrying women with too much pride in their black hearts. It's a lot of fun hearing women call for help and laughing at them. Ah, the good ol' days were so great. :)

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 6:59 pm

You drunk today, Ernie?

Involve a moderator because of the NT bashing or go straight to Lau about the signature faking.

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 7:05 pm

Cool your a tough guy, eh? Well I'm not drunk (although it might be fun in a padded cell).

When someone has been snooping around and trying to *successfully* threaten me, I smell something, what is it you ask? Brimstone.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 7:10 pm

krasher please from the bottom of my heart get help before you end-up having to learn how to share a cell.