Did it seem only you were getting picked on?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 6:21 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Actually, you never know. Like I said, people are stupid. When I was in seventh grade there was this boy who used to beat on me during homeroom whenever the teacher wasn't in there. One day one of the other girls asked me if I liked him. I was like "What?" because it just didn't make any sense to me. Why the hell would I like someone who beat on me? But, that's what it got mistaken as. So obviously people can be that oblivious...or that's how middle schoolers show they like someone I'm not sure. If that is the way they show they like each other it's not very effective.

Wow, a boy who would actually 'beat up' a girl?! Where? Even around here, actual "beating up" of girls by boys was frowned upon at school, even by some of the problem kids.

Maybe they thought you had battered Girlfriend syndrome...

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2009, 7:22 pm

Battered girlfriend syndrome? Me? That's funny and sad at the same time. They probably did.

But yeah, that was the only time in school I was ever beat on by a boy. I mean, he never like punched me in the face, but he'd leave bruises on my arms. I really didn't like him. :x

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 7:34 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Battered girlfriend syndrome? Me? That's funny and sad at the same time. They probably did.

But yeah, that was the only time in school I was ever beat on by a boy. I mean, he never like punched me in the face, but he'd leave bruises on my arms. I really didn't like him. :x

Did he ever say why he was beating you up? Did he claim you had wronged him in some way? Or did he just need a punching bag?

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2009, 7:39 pm

He never said why, but I think he thought it was funny or something. I don't really know. I spent more time trying to figure out how to avoid him then I did trying to figure out why he liked to hit me.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 7:43 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
He never said why, but I think he thought it was funny or something. I don't really know. I spent more time trying to figure out how to avoid him then I did trying to figure out why he liked to hit me.

hmmm. How badly did it hurt?

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

When I was in the seventh and ninth grades, it did felt like that. The bullying was right in the open.

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2009, 7:48 pm

It left bruises if that's what you're asking. I don't really know how to describe levels of pain. It's not something I've ever been able to do.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 8:49 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
It left bruises if that's what you're asking. I don't really know how to describe levels of pain. It's not something I've ever been able to do.

Ahhh. Well did he seem like he was 'trying'? Would he chase you and corner you, or would you just have to sit passively while he beat on you?

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2009, 10:17 pm

What do you mean by 'trying?' Do you mean trying to really hurt me? No, I don't believe he was trying to put me in a body cast or anything.

It was in class, so I couldn't really get away from him. I was 'confined' to my desk and of course he sat right besides me. Damn alphabetical order. I'd tell him to stop but he wouldn't listen. About halfway through the year I got so fed up that I smacked him back. It didn't stop him though.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 10:33 pm

well i felt it was mainly me. i mean their were other kids who got picked on. but i was the main one. for being eccentric and apparently rude. as well as being ret*d.

high school however has been much better for me (im a junior)

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 12:58 am

Rhapsody wrote:
What do you mean by 'trying?' Do you mean trying to really hurt me? No, I don't believe he was trying to put me in a body cast or anything.

Ahh, ok, that's what I was asking.

Rhapsody wrote:
It was in class, so I couldn't really get away from him. I was 'confined' to my desk and of course he sat right besides me. Damn alphabetical order. I'd tell him to stop but he wouldn't listen. About halfway through the year I got so fed up that I smacked him back. It didn't stop him though.

Geez. And the other kids were useless?

mfarmerkcmo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2009, 1:19 am

I'm new here and this is my story relative to the topic.

I never really started getting picked on until 4th grade. I suppose that's when my AS really started to show where people would notice. I'd have a group of some taller boys pick on me for no reason at all. It was cruel, unusual, and when I'd finally snap and do something, I'm the one in trouble! Teachers didn't do jack-sh*t, they knew it was happening but failed to act, this continued throughout gradeschool through high school. Once while traveling through the hallway, I was pushed into the wall and choked, I almost fainted, still nothing happened to this guy. I didn't finally find peace until I was in college.

Now I am 28, I am graduating May 2010, and I remember every single incident as if it happened to me yesterday. No repressed memories here; people were jerks to me for no reason, and I highly doubt they'd accept me now, and I wouldn't want them to.

Since nothing happened to these people, I had not justice, no balance, them in their happy NT families and lives, it was all fun to them.

I remember everything, and they conveniently don't. Lucky them. Not so much for me.

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm

Of course the other kids were useless. They thought we liked each other. Ew.
Why is it that if a girl bullies you they don't assume that it's because they like you, but if a boy does you must have a crush on them? (and the reverse if you're a boy)

And I don't know if they don't remember anything, mfarmerkcmo. My mother was a bully in school. She used to slam people into lockers and all that old school stuff. She remembers it all (since she's told me about it) and she now feels kind of bad about it. But you can't assume that the bullies lead happy lives with their NT families. The reason my mother used to beat up other kids, she told me, was because she was physically, verbally and emotionally abused at home. There was no happy NT life and family, there was no fun. I'm not excusing what she did, because we all know bullying is bad, but I'm using it as an example that we can't automatically assume things about other people. Assumptions are dangerous things.

And people do grow up. My mother actually keeps in contact with one of the girls she used to bully and while they're not close friends they don't hate each other anymore.

mfarmerkcmo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2009, 12:18 pm

Let me rephrase and paraphrase:

I'm struggling now in life, somehow they managed to succeed in life and have their own families and lead happy life.

mfarmerkcmo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2009, 1:10 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Of course the other kids were useless. They thought we liked each other. Ew.
Why is it that if a girl bullies you they don't assume that it's because they like you, but if a boy does you must have a crush on them? (and the reverse if you're a boy)

And I don't know if they don't remember anything, mfarmerkcmo. My mother was a bully in school. She used to slam people into lockers and all that old school stuff. She remembers it all (since she's told me about it) and she now feels kind of bad about it. But you can't assume that the bullies lead happy lives with their NT families. The reason my mother used to beat up other kids, she told me, was because she was physically, verbally and emotionally abused at home. There was no happy NT life and family, there was no fun. I'm not excusing what she did, because we all know bullying is bad, but I'm using it as an example that we can't automatically assume things about other people. Assumptions are dangerous things.

And people do grow up. My mother actually keeps in contact with one of the girls she used to bully and while they're not close friends they don't hate each other anymore.

Oh okay I had to re-read your post a little more closely. Thanks!

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 3:38 pm

Im luckier than most, I've never been physically bullied. It's a side effect of being taller and somehow, more muscular than the bullies, it's something that I'm very thankful for. Although, the bullies in my class aren't really very good at what they do. There're some dangerous ones in other class's. They don't notice me though.

Verbal bullying though, I get a reasonable amount of that. Only every now and then and it's not serious but there's this one guy who's noticed I fail in social situations and tries to take advantage of it by blaming me for things that he has done. The teachers know that it was him though. I also get asked sometimes "Were you born in England?" (or New Zealand).

I even had some guy ask once "do you have Autism?", he was completely serious and not making it into a joke like he usually does.

Sorry if I'm rambling, it's nice to talk about bad experiences in a way that I don't have to speak.