Did it seem only you were getting picked on?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

trekster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2009, 4:53 pm

i got picked on but then again so did others. i was the only person able to stand up to the school bully (herself an undiagnosed nasty asperger). i took my frustration of being bullied out on others, now i only wind up those that deserve it ie wind up merchants!

Alexis

Life isnt always logical Mr Spock

If you are from the UK then try http://aspievilla.byethost15.com/PHPBB2/index.php i moderate on that site a

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 11:15 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Of course the other kids were useless. They thought we liked each other. Ew.
Why is it that if a girl bullies you they don't assume that it's because they like you, but if a boy does you must have a crush on them? (and the reverse if you're a boy)

And I don't know if they don't remember anything, mfarmerkcmo. My mother was a bully in school. She used to slam people into lockers and all that old school stuff. She remembers it all (since she's told me about it) and she now feels kind of bad about it. But you can't assume that the bullies lead happy lives with their NT families. The reason my mother used to beat up other kids, she told me, was because she was physically, verbally and emotionally abused at home. There was no happy NT life and family, there was no fun. I'm not excusing what she did, because we all know bullying is bad, but I'm using it as an example that we can't automatically assume things about other people. Assumptions are dangerous things.

And people do grow up. My mother actually keeps in contact with one of the girls she used to bully and while they're not close friends they don't hate each other anymore.

Good lord. Why were your mom's parents so mean to your mom?

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2009, 11:21 am

I dunno really. I guess it was the trickle down effect and my mom was the youngest so everyone beat on her and she took it out on the kids at school because she couldn't take it out on anyone at home. Both my grandparents smoked and drank, alcoholism runs in their family, so that might have had something to do with it. Plus my grandfather was also abused as a child, and my uncle is abusive to his kids (both of whom are in a sorry state, though the one has been accepted back into the family now that she's had three sons), so it may just be a "way they were raised" thing.

My brother and I are really lucky that our mother married our father. He's a saint. :lol:
We're also lucky we didn't grow up anywhere near our mother's family. Whenever we visited we'd get yelled at (they didn't dare smack us with Dad around), but at least we didn't have to live with it.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 11:25 am

Rhapsody wrote:
I dunno really. I guess it was the trickle down effect and my mom was the youngest so everyone beat on her and she took it out on the kids at school because she couldn't take it out on anyone at home. Both my grandparents smoked and drank, alcoholism runs in their family, so that might have had something to do with it. Plus my grandfather was also abused as a child, and my uncle is abusive to his kids (both of whom are in a sorry state, though the one has been accepted back into the family now that she's had three sons), so it may just be a "way they were raised" thing.

My brother and I are really lucky that our mother married our father. He's a saint. :lol:
We're also lucky we didn't grow up anywhere near our mother's family. Whenever we visited we'd get yelled at (they didn't dare smack us with Dad around), but at least we didn't have to live with it.

Yeah alcoholism isn't surprising in that regard. Indeed, that was lucky that you have your father and that he protects you from the excesses of that side of the family.

trekster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2009, 2:47 pm

Rhapsody wrote:

i was badly bullied by both parents due to having unrecognised aspergers at the time. My mum still attempts to normalise me when we're out and one of my aunts doesn't let me be myself or make up my own mind about things.

im trying to cut wind up merchants out of my life now and get tougher on the types of friends i associate with.

Life isnt always logical Mr Spock

If you are from the UK then try http://aspievilla.byethost15.com/PHPBB2/index.php i moderate on that site a