Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dminor
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2009, 6:03 pm

I didnt see a thread about this and i thought it would be fun

Ill start Gary Numan!

Just recently read an interview where he says that he was diagnosed with aspergers late in life. Supposedly throughout his life a lot of people thought he was a self absorbed as*hole because. (might be some truth in that)

Heres a quote

"Polite conversation has never been one of my strong points. Just recently I actually found out that I'd got a mild form of Asperger's syndrome which basically means I have trouble interacting with people. For years, I couldn't understand why people thought I was arrogant, but now it all makes more sense."

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 6:06 pm

Why is everyone so obsessed with "famous" autistics/Aspies?

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2009, 6:10 pm

everyone needs rode models to be proud of themselves....which is kinda ironic when you think of aspies and at the core we shouldn't need other ppl to make ourselves proud of ourselves....but society will ALWAYS have an impact on u in some form.

Dminor
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2009, 6:54 pm

Im not obsessed, I was actually just starting this thread for entertainment.. :P

heres another.. Samuel Beckett

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

I always liked Gary Numan.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 4:56 am

Dminor wrote:
Im not obsessed, I was actually just starting this thread for entertainment.. :P

heres another.. Samuel Beckett

Well, if this thread will be not only for people diagnosed with ASD, but also for people suspected of ASD, this will be redudant with a zilion articles/sites/posts over the net

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2009, 7:57 am

Dminor wrote:
I didnt see a thread about this and i thought it would be fun

Ill start Gary Numan!

Just recently read an interview where he says that he was diagnosed with aspergers late in life. Supposedly throughout his life a lot of people thought he was a self absorbed as*hole because. (might be some truth in that)

Indeed there might. I used to hang out with the bass player in his old band Tubeway Army, and he claimed the band had split because Gary Numan had copyrighted a bunch of songs that the whole band had written together under his own name, without telling any of the other members. So maybe he's both an aspie AND a self-absorbed as*hole.

Dminor
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2009, 10:08 am

/\ wow thats awesome that you know the bass player, tubeway army is some of my favorite stuff from him. I could definitely see him being both!

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2009, 10:23 am

Einstein. I was watching a history channel video on Albert Einstein, and noticed that he had autistic traits. I did more research and found out the he most likely had Asperger's I actually compare myself to him and describe the giftedness of Asperger's by explaining the way in which Einstein's brain works.

The creator of Pokemon also has asperger's. I forgot his name because it's Japanese.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 2:14 pm

kingtut3 wrote:
Einstein. I was watching a history channel video on Albert Einstein, and noticed that he had autistic traits. I did more research and found out the he most likely had Asperger's I actually compare myself to him and describe the giftedness of Asperger's by explaining the way in which Einstein's brain works.

The creator of Pokemon also has asperger's. I forgot his name because it's Japanese.

His name is Satoshi Tajiri.

Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2009, 2:19 pm

I've heard Newton, VanGough, and Bill Gates all have/had AS.

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2009, 2:47 pm

-9 wrote:
I've heard Newton, VanGough, and Bill Gates all have/had AS.

There is significant evidence that Newton was autistic, but not VanGough. People too easily jump to the conclusion that some historical figures were autistic. My friend thinks that VanGough might have had schizophrenia. As for Bill Gates, I've heard that he's been seen rocking. There is also evidence that Hans Asperger had Asperger's syndrome.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 3:17 pm

Nikola Tesla, the man who invented 20th century.

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 3:36 pm

Dr. Felix Rey, one of Van Gogh's doctors in France, diagnosed him with temporal lobe epilepsy/dysfunction, and many feel that that diagnosis still stands. Van Gogh also suffered from depression that seemed to run in his family. His brother Cor committed suicide and his sister Wilhelmina was institutionalized.

Don't know if that equates to ASD.

Z

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 3:51 pm

Apparantely Steven Spielberg has Asperger's.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 4:19 pm

kingtut3 wrote:

Einstein was quite sociable and quite the bon vivant as a young man. This does not match too well with AS. A better case can be made that Dirac had AS.

ruveyn