Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 4:20 pm

On my WP profile, I listed my diagnose as "Have Asperger's- Diagnosed," but now I'm starting to realize that I may be wrong. I know for a fact that I have been diagnosed with autism at a very young age, but I also believe that I am an aspie. Do you think I should change it to "Have Asperger's- Undiagnosed" or "other autism spectrum disorder," or should I just leave it the way it is? And also, what exactly are the differences between someone with autism and someone with Asperger's Syndrome (I know it's a form of autism, but still)?

AspieFireMan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2009, 4:31 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
On my WP profile, I listed my diagnose as "Have Asperger's- Diagnosed," but now I'm starting to realize that I may be wrong. I know for a fact that I have been diagnosed with autism at a very young age, but I also believe that I am an aspie. Do you think I should change it to "Have Asperger's- Undiagnosed" or "other autism spectrum disorder," or should I just leave it the way it is? And also, what exactly are the differences between someone with autism and someone with Asperger's Syndrome (I know it's a form of autism, but still)?

I really don't think anyone really cares what your diagnosis is. Its just a label for insurance purposes

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 5:36 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:

As near as I can tell, there's no consensus on what is Asperger's and what is High Functioning Autism. Some say language delay makes it HFA, others say motor difficulty (dyspraxia) makes it AS... because it is an adaptable wiring and skills are learned as the person grows up, functionality generally improves, but the individual is still on the spectrum. So if you want to be accurate, seems like you could say ASD-Diagnosed.