19 Oct 2009, 2:45 pm

just dont smoke the labrador kind, I hear thats some strong stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozk7fnKilU

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 4:07 pm

Fogman wrote:
THC is THC is THC..... Irregardless of whether what I smoked was indica or sativa, it had essentially the same effect on me. --The only real differance was the potency which varied from not very to incredibly potent.
THC is only one of the many psychoactive compounds in cannabis. One very important substance is cannabidiol (CBN), a metabolite of THC, which, on its own, is not psychoactive but the ratio of CBN to THC has been shown to affect the psychoactive effects. A higher CBN:THC will make the high heavier, more lazy, etc. but might also increase the pain-mediating effects. You may not have noticed the difference in effect, it took me a long time to notice different highs and I had to pay attention to see the difference. According to wikipedia, cannabis has at least 66 psychoactive compounds.

What I found made an even bigger difference is the vaporizer I bought. I found that the vaporizer gave a much, MUCH lighter high. It was much more clear, less drowsy, etc. I think this comes from two things: 1) You're not inhaling smoke so you're not getting the head buzz that you get from inhaling any burning plant material, and 2) You're inhaling different psychoactive compounds because they all have different boiling points and thus will be released in different amounts when using a temperature meant to vaporize THC (~160C) than when being burned in a joint or pipe/bong. Notice that cannabinol also has a higher boiling point than THC, ~185C, which would support the claim about the THC:CBN ratio and would explain the difference in the high.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 8:23 am

I've only tried Marijuana twice so far, and I understand that it has different effects on certain people, but I support the legalization and regulation of it, at the very least for medical purposes. It angers me that it's still illegal in most places of the world when something like alcohol or cigarettes has less health benefits than it and yet they're legal (most likely coz they both provide huge tax dollars for the government).

After my 1st time (Overdose), I moderated my 2nd dose which was 1/4 of a Hash Brownie which a friend gave me and I felt quite relaxed, my mind slowed down, and I felt less stressed out when around people at work. The effects were supposedly quite similar to what you'd expect from a Benzo.

In Australia, the majority of Benzos are subsidized by the Government under the PBS (Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme), so you can buy a box of 25 Oxazepam pills (a short acting Benzo) for something like $10.

I understand that in the US, Pharmaceuticals are a lot more expensive, and because people with AS have a tendency to be more sensitive to drugs, I'm assuming that Medical Marijuana (in states where it's legal) could be slightly cheaper alternative to Benzos.

ilivinamushroom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2009, 4:16 am

there is alot of good info in this thread and I am very familiar with MJ and its effects good and bad. However we are talking about a 9YO BOY here he should have the right to make that decision when he is much older. The plant world has an incredible array of medicines that far out perform MJ it just takes more skill to use them .

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 9:33 am

Marijuana?

Why doesn't the government legalise it? As long as people do not harm others, why not just let them have the fun of it?

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 4:29 pm

ruennsheng wrote:
Marijuana?

Why doesn't the government legalise it? As long as people do not harm others, why not just let them have the fun of it?
Like in my country :)

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

Vivienne
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2009, 7:47 pm

Makes me paranoid and stupid. Like, really really stupid. Also I completely miss social cues when I'm high - like zoooom, right over my head.

I wouldn't give it to my kid. I think that's ridiculous.

"Be plain, good son, and homely in thy drift;
Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift"
~Shakespeare