Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 7:07 pm

Has anyone tried using essential oils for mood regulation? I just got some lavender and a diffuser for my bedroom, so it can help me relax.

If so, what has worked for you? Have you found their usage effective? Why or why not?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

I don't know how valid aromatherapy is, but lavender does make me feel relaxed. Maybe it's the power of suggestion.

Rebecca_L
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2009, 7:25 pm

I love lavender and find it relaxing too. However I believe that "Essential Oils" is a multilevel marketing venture with no real science behind it, which means you'll be paying way too much for whatever benefit you receive. You can buy lavender oil through the internet for a fraction of what you're paying them, I imagine. My one piece of advice would be a vitamin suggestion. If you aren't taking a good multivitamin with minerals, get one and look into getting some D3 and taking at least 500 mg a day. I started taking D3 last year and it made a HUGE difference in my mood, especially during the winter.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 12:49 pm

Perhaps its based on suspicion that goes way back, but there are some aspects of aromatherapy that have made me feel better in the past. I don't know what it is?

I'm not buying into it too much though. But I do feel better now that my room smells like lavender :)

Rebecca L, what about Vitamin D3 has made you feel better? Rather, how have you felt better? I have a bit in my multivitamin, about 200%... I've also heard B vitamins are wonderful. Thoughts?

gnosislogicemotion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2009, 4:56 pm

If we're talking about supplements here, let me suggest fish oil caplets as the second most important thing to take right behind a daily multivitamin. There is a lot of garbage to sort through but fish oil is definitely worth the money.

Rebecca_L
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2009, 5:41 pm

I agree with you, gnosis. I just didn't want to load down the post with too many suggestions -- but you're absolutely correct. :)