Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 2:35 am

I have long valued my wife's perspective on everything and particularly in business.

I have always believed that as a woman she sees things/situations differently from me and this is certainly true.

It is however becoming shockingly clear to me that the biggest perspective advantage that she gives me is that she is able to see and have a perspective on (social) things AT ALL :!:

Anyone else have any thoughts on this :?:

HoxtonPaul
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2009, 7:49 am

My Wife and I were diagnosed seperately the same year, and met in London social groups.

My Wife couldnt care less about social things and neither can I. We do both appreciate folk as best we can, but we just hide away from the world and watch Wire in the Blood, whose lead Dr Tony Hill (Robson Jerome) was outed as having Aspergers in series 4.

Otherwise we go to the gym and she does academic work and I make films about Socks (SEE 'I AM SOCKS' on Youtube). What socializing?

Bugger relating to anyone when there is NCIS on the telly. Why have issues about social communication, when you can both watch illicit downloads of Dexter?

Take our advice Blindspot149 - forget socializing and get some good box sets. Preferrably ones where lots of Neurotypicals get butchered all the time. Heheheheh.

8)

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:07 am

HoxtonPaul wrote:
Dr Tony Hill (Robson Jerome) was outed as having Aspergers in series 4.

Ok, my wife and I watch Wire in the Blood (and all the others like it)

Who was outed as an Aspie?

Dr. Tony Hill OR Robson Green.

Sorry I have this condition called AS so I can't always figure out the obvious :wink:

HoxtonPaul

12 Oct 2009, 8:37 am

The character only. Have you seen it? Brilliantly introverted. 8O

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:53 am

I suspect that if Robson Green was actually 'outed', that WP would need 2 or 3 extra servers (and need to introduce a subscription fee) to cope with the tidal wave (sorry about the metaphor) of newly self diagnosed Aspie 'Tony-Hill-groupies' :arrow:

But enough about me :wink:

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2009, 10:37 am

Hah, I knew it! We're not that far along in the series yet here, but I always thought he was way too aspie-like for it to be coincidental. He's really good at "getting" people though, but I guess since he does it via logic and not intuition that doesn't mean he's NT, just a really clever aspie!

8)

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 10:41 am

I think Dr. Tony Hill ..............stimms (NTs would say rock, which of course cannot actually move unassisted!)

Nix13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2009, 3:56 pm

I just watched all six season back to back (Im obsessive like that) - and am now reading the books. Will watch dvd's again. I noticed when watching them how much like me tony hill was - and he seemed to develop all my 'issues' as they went on - and I have just been told I may have Asperger's. Only been assessed though - not diagnosed - I thought maybe bi-polar and slightly eccentric while not liking people near me.

So I google 'Tony Hill Asperger's' and found this

But I am good at telling peoples reactions etc as long as there not talking directly too me (like Tony Hill does). I am very logical. That is why I want to do clinical psychology. Missed two episodes in season 4 because I have seen them before a while ago (why I watched all of them) which must be when they mention it - I didn't know I may have it then. Which episode is it? I will watch them all again anyway. And read the books. Release the feature length DVD!

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 12:22 am

Nix13 wrote:
Missed two episodes in season 4.......... Which episode is it?

Can anyone tell us the episode of 'Wire in the Blood' in which a Doctor, treating a hospitalized Tony Hill, mentions Asperger's?

This is the segment of the episode, Series 3, Episode 4, where the Doctor reveals to Tony's next of kin/colleague, that Tony has AS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x---uTL-dA4&NR=1

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2009, 11:30 am

The volume's bit shoddy on my pc, but it seems to me they're just talking about his brain tumor? (Which, come to think of it, means I have seen this episode.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Nov 2009, 11:31 am

Doc: "There's reason to believe he has Asperger's Syndrome."

Wife: "He's always been that way."

Doc: "He seized on quite minor details and drew the most extraordinary conclusions."

Wife: "Was he wrong?"

Doc: "Anyhow......"

So the Doc blows her off - I know that feeling.

This happens to me all the time. When sizing up a situation, I gather bits of evidence that most people don't pick up on and then I come to conclusions that people would like to ignore or deny for their own particular reasons.

But the wife is very supportive which is evident in her words "Was he wrong?"

I've never watched this show, I don't think we get it in the US. It'd be nice if we did.

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2009, 11:37 am

Not his wife - just colleague/boss

but thanks for the subtexting :)

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 12:31 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
I've never watched this show, I don't think we get it in the US. It'd be nice if we did.

I think the entire show, from the first series to date, can be viewed on YouTube!

I really enjoy this show and I'll be working my way through it.