Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 5:03 am

All Hope Is Gone by Slipknot - CD signed by Joey Jordison

Roots Rock Riot by Skindred - CD signed by the band

Overcome by All That Remains - CD signed by the band

Puppets In Blood by Theory Of Hate - CD signed by the band

Burn Halo by Burn Halo - CD signed by the band

Woman (single) by Wolfmother - 45rpm vinyl single signed by the band's original lineup

Herman's Hermits T-Shirt signed by Peter Noone

(I think I have a couple more, but these are what I can remember off the top of my head.)

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2009, 9:55 am

I have several autographed records by Canadian artists from the '70s, and a few others:

Kelly Jay, founder of Crowbar, autographed my copy of their "Bad Manors" album (inner gatefold and label)
Murray McLauchlan autographed "Whispering Rain"
Bill Henderson, founder of Chilliwack, autographed several of their singles for me, including his very first single as a teenager in The Collectors
MacLean & MacLean (brothers Bryan and Doug), comedians from Nova Scotia, autographed their "Toilet Rock" album
Peter Foldy, now a screenwriter and director in Los Angeles, sent me an autographed copy of his CD compilation of 1970s singles

Victor Borge, Danish pianist and comic, autographed my copy of his first 78RPM album from 1943
Paul White, who was the Capitol Records A&R executive who signed The Beatles to Capitol in Canada before the US division would even look at them, signed my copy of the Canadian Beatles album, "Long Tall Sally"
Carmine Appice, drummer, signed my single of "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Vanilla Fudge
Tommy Chong signed my 8-track tape of Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album
Rick Derringer signed his "Derringer Live" album for me, but it was stolen years ago

I might have a couple of others, but they aren't coming to mind right now.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 10:28 am

The Paul White autograph is impressive. I'm a huge Beatles fan, that'd be real cool to have. One of the true first North American upper level honchos to see their potential.

I'd love to have that Tommy Chong sig as well!!

Overall a cool collection, man!!

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 7:46 pm

I have a personalized signed photo from the late Eddie Rabbitt, gotten shortly before his death from lung cancer.

Also, indie singer Eric Stuart signed the inside front cover of his album In the County of Kings for me, and also wrote a nice message too :D

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

kaworuchan42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2009, 8:05 pm

I have a T-shirt signed by both all the members of Opeth and all the members of Lamb of God. I watched them personally sign it, at the Sound of the Underground tour when it stopped off in Seattle in 2005. That was an awesome day, indeed.

EverybodyLies_
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2009, 10:44 pm

I only have one signed item. A signature from all the members of Paramore on my copy of Riot!. All of my other signatures are from actors/actresses and authors.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2009, 1:20 am

I have an autographed copy of Sarah Blasko's As Day Follows Night, and a signed band shirt from Holly Throsby and the Hello Tigers.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 6:35 am

kaworuchan42 wrote:
...and all the members of Lamb of God. I watched them personally sign it, at the Sound of the Underground tour when it stopped off in Seattle in 2005. That was an awesome day, indeed.

Lamb Of God??! Now I really have a reason to be jealous!! :D

And that's always the best way to get the autographs... in person. That's how I got almost all my sigs. Always a great thing to look back on. The best part is chatting with the people. Cool way to actually show your appreciation and vocally show your support while actually getting your point TO them. Sometimes they've got some interesting stuff to say.

In fact, from my experience the metal makers make for the best celebrities from a certain mutual fan-idol point of view when meeting in person.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2009, 8:46 am

My recent ebay purchases include a special edition autographed copy of dc talk's Jesus Freak album and a copy of the Sundance kids "Fall into place" (I would highly recommended you look them up on myspace or youtube if you're into good melodic pop rock sort of music especially if you're Aussie)

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Awithliving
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Oct 2009, 12:06 pm

I have a signed drumstick from all of Funeral For A Friend (got it 2004).

And a signed piece of paper from Further Seems Forever's Derick Cordoba (got it 2005).

I've never been interested in autographs, these two times I sort of seized the moment.
I was shaking like hell when I talked to Derick Cordoba. Further Seems Forever is one of my favourite band of all time.