Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jamie8675309
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2009, 5:29 pm

Recently i've really been struggling to get home work done in time before im too tired to do it. Tonight i waited till 9:30 before starting it, and when i did i realised how much i had to do, and now realise i can't get a decent amount done if i want to get to bed at a resonable time. I have no idea why i keep doing this, i rarely hand in finished homeworks nowadays. I when it gets late i start to get really mad at myself for being lazy and unfocused. Do any other people with aspergers have the same experience with this kind of thing?

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 5:35 pm

I hardly ever did homework when I was in school.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2009, 5:57 pm

Yeah, I hardly did any hw in grade school. I worked a little harder in HS senior year, but not really. Now I'm in college, and have 'real' work to do, as opposed to the stupid, redundant games of grade school.

Just to be clear, I got through school because i tested relatively well. I never studied. Assuming I was in the right state of mind, I could take down notes for science class and never have to look at them again. I don't remember it all now, because I don't use it.

But they do not have me

Eto
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2009, 1:16 pm

I rarely do homework, it's usually just something I do if I'm bored or if I can convince myself of its importance. I test ridiculously well, without studying and little practice. I keep telling myself that one day this habit of putting homework off like this is going to bite me in the butt, but nothing devastating enough has happened to make me want to do it. :/

Come to think of it, I ought to be writing that english paper right now...

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

17 Oct 2009, 8:12 pm

Yep. I try to do homework, but I never can focus and by the time I am able to focus somewhat, it is late and I either have class the next morning or work. So I try to go to bed at a decent hour so I don't meltdown or get upset at someone in class or after for no reason whatsoever.
I am usually able to just read over what the test'll be about and do good on the grade, but not with one of my professors, he doesn't go by what he says.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2009, 9:54 pm

I can only ever do homework that is going to count for my final mark. And even that I can only start the night before handing it in. But I have a 30 page project this semester so I don`t think that's doable in one night with my attention span.(going to have to learn to stop procrastinating)

Good luck with yours :D

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2009, 10:05 pm

I rarely did homework; including in college. I refuse to assign homework now which has caused complaints from some staff members; who insist I should.

Jamie8675309 wrote:
Recently i've really been struggling to get home work done in time before im too tired to do it. Tonight i waited till 9:30 before starting it, and when i did i realised how much i had to do, and now realise i can't get a decent amount done if i want to get to bed at a resonable time. I have no idea why i keep doing this, i rarely hand in finished homeworks nowadays. I when it gets late i start to get really mad at myself for being lazy and unfocused. Do any other people with aspergers have the same experience with this kind of thing?

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 12:53 am

Just don't do homework, what for arew we putting in effort that's useless if we aren't really into them.

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Nov 2009, 1:11 am

I do my homework/study during our break and lunch period during school. :?

Works for me until I wait til the last day to study for that big test. :evil:

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 1:18 am

I need your level of discipline. :D

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 5:55 pm

Homework can be a bit of a chore sometimes I agree but I still complete it. Even if I have to blitz it like now. :twisted: :lol:

Larnad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2009, 1:43 pm

I can't do homework in a timely manner. I just get really upset and then I have to stim. It's usually a cycle of stimming and hair-pulling before I get anything done. haha

JamesTheCat

09 Nov 2009, 12:12 pm

I used to be awful when I was at school. Now I'm in college I work really hard to meet deadlines. I usually do about 4 hrs a day of homework, which can be pretty exhausting! :)

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2009, 5:04 am

I am through the hard part of the semester in regards to real estate...NO more long files for the rest of the semester...

BUT for homework, I still have to do

a springing Power of attourney and personal directive assignment for wills and estates

an assignment for criminal law

a notice of motion and affidavit for litigation.

lotsa homework for the next two weeks but at least i get a break from real estate.....I finished that and passed the assignment

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!