has anyone here gone to a party before?

Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

au
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2009, 4:16 pm

im almost 20 and it's my first time going to a party. it's a new years party. it starts at 8pm and ends at 4am. it's at a friend's a house and i only seen him twive in person, but i met him in person first time. he said i had to sleep at his place with others because he can't drive me all the way to my house this time. the party's at his house. i've never drank before and he said there's going to be a lot of drinking. no one's going to make me drink, considering how persistent i am.

what's a party like? is there a lot kissing at a new years party? i don't like kissing though.

with him and other people, it was the first time a month ago i went hanging out late at night.

if someone's trying to make me drink, they're in serious trouble. they spend a decade in the hospital, paralyzed for a while.

Last edited by au on 16 Oct 2009, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 4:55 pm

You haven't missed much. Loud garage/disco music, 30+ people you can't relate to and lukewarm beer that tastes like piss. If you're lucky, some bright spark will bring grass/weed/ecstacy/LSD into the mix and stink the place out with illicit drugs. Given that you're a female, you get the added bonus of blokes hitting on you. Happy New Year!

eroberts
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2009, 5:01 pm

Family, yes.

With friends, no.

Either way I don't like them, I woulden't find getting drunk ect fun.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 5:08 pm

I think you're very right not to drink, especially if you're not used to it. You might want to take a bottle of soft drink with you, and perhaps some food as well (ask your friend if that'd be a good idea).

Expect atrociously bad singing of Auld Lang Syne at midnight. :lol: If people are going to hug you, kiss, dance and generally make a lot of noise that's when it's most likely to happen so be warned. :wink:

(For the record, the first party I went to where there was drink, I stumbled round behaving like an idiot, put my fist through a window, spoiled it for everyone and got punched for my trouble. Ah happy days. :lol: :lol: I can't say I got any better.)

The year is still young.

16 Oct 2009, 5:11 pm

au wrote:
im almost 20 and it's my first time going to a party. it's a new years party. it starts at 8pm and ends at 4am. it's at a friend's a house and i only seen him twive in person, but i met him in person first time. he said i had to sleep at his place with others because he can't drive me all the way to my house this time. the party's at his house. i've never drank before and he said there's going to be a lot of drinking. no one's going to make me drink, considering how persistent i am.

what's a party like? is there a lot kissing at a new years party? i don't like kissing though.

with him and other people, it was the first time a month ago i went hanging out late at night.

Am I missing something? Why are they doing a New Year Party two months too soon?

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 5:14 pm

I've been to many, many parties. Parties can be either good or bad, fun or not fun, depending on the people who attend.

Ok as you don't know this guy very well (I'm assuming there's strangers at this party, not like a group of close friends or anything), and you have minimal/no experience with drinking, I would advise you to minimize drinking/not drink at all, and keep a level head about you. Make sure you stay cautious and on your guard - watch out for any unsavory types, and don't let people talk you into anything.

Aside from that, try to enjoy yourself and keep an open mind. It might be boring/terrible or it might be awesome fun; you don't know until you go. :D

Again, it would be hard to say what the party will be like as that entirely depends on the people going to it.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 5:34 pm

I never went to a house party until I was over 21. They're so overrated. Each time I go to one I end up sitting somewhere away from the center of activity spacing out. I've noticed that when people drink they ask dumb/uncomfortable questions while attempting small talk with me. So all the times I've went to parties I spent a lot of my time avoiding overly hammered people who I don't want to talk to.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 5:45 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
au wrote:

Am I missing something? Why are they doing a New Year Party two months too soon?

I'm wondering about this too - the Jewish New Year has already passed, and the Chinese New Year isn't coming up. So this is rather strange.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 5:55 pm

Sati wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
au wrote:

I'm wondering about this too - the Jewish New Year has already passed, and the Chinese New Year isn't coming up. So this is rather strange.

Maybe he's just planning ahead. Parties do require organisation.

au
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2009, 6:13 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
Sati wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
au wrote:

Maybe he's just planning ahead. Parties do require organisation.

an english invader who doesn't know how to think inside the box.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 6:17 pm

I have been to many many parties...I have thrown many parties...
They can be good, and they can be bad.
I tend towards drinking to deal with the social anxiety but um...
Not for everybody..

au
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2009, 6:22 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I have been to many many parties...I have thrown many parties...
They can be good, and they can be bad.
I tend towards drinking to deal with the social anxiety but um...
Not for everybody..

who the **** cares about social anxiety. if im not drinking, im not drinking and there's no way anyone's going to change that unless if i get killed in a fight at the party.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 6:27 pm

If you don't like the party you can leave early unless someone else takes you then you're stuck there until that person wants to leave. That's happened to me before.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 6:31 pm

Nope (don't want to either)

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 6:57 pm

I've been to lots of parties. They're a lot of fun, and don't worry about people trying to get you drink. Some people will offer you drinks, thinking you might want one but just don't have one. All you have to do is say, "Thanks, but I'm not drinking tonight."

au
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2009, 7:01 pm

pat2rome wrote:
I've been to lots of parties. They're a lot of fun, and don't worry about people trying to get you drink. Some people will offer you drinks, thinking you might want one but just don't have one. All you have to do is say, "Thanks, but I'm not drinking tonight."

im not worried at all. i'll just leave the party if someone asks if i want a drink.