What's The Worst/Best Job You Ever Had?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2009, 2:35 pm

What is it? Just curious.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2009, 4:48 pm

stripping labels off of thousands of cases dog food cans by hands so they could be relabeled by another company. Hot work, dusty dried glue from the labels floating in the air and on contact with perspiration becoming reconstituted again into glue allllll over your body, hair, face and gumming up on your hands. The worst part was the thirst as we breathed the powdered glue and had breaks at the little saloon across the street from the factory, where 8 ounce 3.2 beer was sold for a nickle (5 cents) was our only break room. By three o'clock in the afternoon I was dripping in glue and hammered. I lasted a week. :(

Best job was working as a Unix 'pilot' for programmers at Accenture in Minneapolis, MN. I sat at a computer console and typed in a script as the programmers hovered over me watching the results. They paid me $45.60 USD an hour. I had that job for 7 months. :D

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2009, 5:03 pm

Worst job: Busboy in a fancy restaurant. The manager was dumb b***h, there wasn`t enough work so I was just standing there waiting most of the time. Also not a big fan of dressing up fancy and serving people who think they are the center of the universe.

Best job: Owning a website. It was a lot of work to start off but now I don`t work on it anymore and just wait for the money to come in at the end of the month :D

Thinkagain
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2009, 6:48 pm

theres a thread like this down the page,

by the way my current job is hell working in retail, help someone!! !

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2009, 7:07 pm

Worst job: having to catch doughnuts off a conveyer belt for packaging... for a national doughnut chain business.

Best job: working in a Radiology Department as part of the Trauma Team caring for the critically injured among other responsibilities.

Friday
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Oct 2009, 8:16 am

Every job.

It seems when what I like to do become my job, it began to go bad.

I was wondering is there any one in this world really enjoy his/her job? :?

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 1:12 pm

Best Job: Visa officer.

This was followed immediately by,

Worst Job: Lawyer.

I made the switch from government to the private sector before I was diagnosed. BIG mistake! Fortunately I got out and back into the private sector before I could do too much damage.

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 10:44 pm

Best Job: Intern at Zoo Atlanta. Followed closely by my work study at the college library.

Worst Job: Temp work in a factory. The noises, the crowds, the repetitive activity requiring dexterity. I honestly considered throwing myself down the stairs one morning rather than go in there. Of course, I made the rational choice half a second later and just quit.