Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2009, 3:42 pm

I'm putting together a party crawl myself, I'm going as the Comedian from Watchmen and dragging a bunch of Aspies from my social group along, it's going to be sweet... I actually have pretty high hopes for this, I've been running my group like an Aspie cocktail party lately, and that's worked surprisingly well with many formerly shy people suddenly morphing into social butterflies when the room is full of chatty Aspies, it's been pretty remarkable. Since my friends tend to lean towards the geeky/nerdy side anyway, I think that they'll mesh well with the people I've invited from my group, and hopefully some new friendships will be formed, and in any event it should be tons of fun.

Putting together my costume has been pretty entertaining as well, I already owned the cigars, the guns, and the demented sense of humor, the hard part has been those damned shoulder pads, though PVC and a heat gun seems to be the solution... I've got nearly all the pieces of the chest harness / holster contraption that he wears done, I just need to start riveting them together without bolloxing it all up now. I'll post pics when it's more put together.

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2009, 5:41 pm

I'm hoping to cancel my work schedule. I'm gonna be dressed as Arnold J. Rimmer from Red Dwarf and attend a music festival with a few friends of mine.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2009, 10:50 pm

I'm going as Max from Where the Wild Things Are.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 12:40 am

hmmm giving candies to all the little snotgobblins dressed as Wednesday Addams, oh ya I am always dressed like that

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 12:53 am

Our college is doing a thing called SafeTreat for all the little kids. It's basically a supervised trick-or-treat session within the campus. Anyways, all of the clubs get to participate, so I'll be dressing up as a Reaper from The World Ends With You (see below) and handing out candy with the rest of the Anime Club. That is, if I can get the wings done in time...

(This isn't me, just what the character looks like)

I kinda feel sorry for the kids, though, cause one of our members not only plans to dress up in a schoolgirl costume (she's 26) but also plans to hand out these candies she ordered that have edible insects inside (i.e. mealworm lollipop) I sense a lawsuit...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 1:35 am

Nothing planned.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 3:28 am

Might go to a party but I don't know if I can be bothered.

david_42
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Oct 2009, 2:26 pm

Probably go to a party. Recycle the No Longer Cowardly Lion. Just takes balls to be a hero and he's got three!