are doctor house and doctor grissom autistic?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

au
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Oct 2009, 12:52 am

also michael phelps

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 12:57 am

House - No
Grissom (Love him!) - Possibly. He has a lot of aspie traits.

KJC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2009, 1:55 am

Maybe House.

What about the Doctors Niles and Frasier Crane?

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 3:17 am

House absolubtly.

showman616
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2009, 4:21 am

What about the girl who stars in "Bones"?

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 4:24 am

showman616 wrote:
What about the girl who stars in "Bones"?

Yes Aspie I suppose.

And what about "Big bang theory" theoretical physician?

MrVulcan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2009, 7:37 am

I think they even mentioned that Dr. House was an Asperger in one episode. I don't really watch it unless my sister is watching it and I have nothing better to do.
I've never heard of Dr. Grissom.

I don't think Niles & Frasier are autistic; they're just supposed to be snobs & mildly neurotic like their patients.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 7:55 am

They joked about him being AS, and then said he wasn't, just a jerk.

He isn't. He's very, very socially perceptive. His only real AS-like trait is his obsession with medicine... House is a pretty textbook sociopath, actually, just one who's figured out that you only do things you can get away with. Not every sociopath is some kind of serial killer, y'know.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

TiredGeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2009, 8:34 am

oh how I hate the show House! but I watched a few episodes to discover that I hated it, so I can have a small opinion here, I think. :wink:

I agree with Callista, I think he's a sociopath.

WhittenKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2009, 8:53 am

House is not AS.

I think he's more of a drug addiction and a bit of a sociopath but .. idk, he just seems more like to piss people off.. and he knows he does it.. most AS people I know don't intentionally do it.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2009, 9:32 am

Has House ever diagnosed an undiagnosed Asperger person? I'd like to see that.
House only diagnoses easy stuff you can do tests for. :roll:

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2009, 1:17 pm

I love Dr House.

I don't think he is ASD though because apart from his dead pan facial expression,and doing things that would terrify most people, without a second thought or any obvious emotion, what so ever. He actually makes no appology for being as nasty and cranky as he is. I think he actually parctices to get better at it. LOL He actually seems to like who he is warts and all. I also love how he is not afraid to give insecure, idiotic and socially correct people a hard time. I can tell that most people annoy the bejesus out of him, most of the time, but he is very interested in what ails them.

He also says so many things that I think alot of people dread that doctors would think and/or say to or about about them, but put it out of their mind because it is too out there for a professional to say.

Of course he has chronic pain which I know from experience, does not make you the nicest person to be around.

My husband like watching House too, he says House reminds him of me LOL..................Not sure if he is joking or not LOL

Can't picture the other guy. I only started watching house because I like medical stuff. Unless something is funny I usually only watch real life stuff on TV.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 1:59 pm

I think House is such a mess that it's impossible to figure out quite what's wrong with him. Take away the drug addiction, and see what's left... I think he's got BorderLine Peronality Disorder, as a result of being abused as a child by his father. (Really, it was shocking when he confides in one person what his childhood was like. See the episode, series of rooms.)

Frasier isn't aspie, he's just a snob. Niles on the other hand is definitely aspie, which might be why I'm so desperately in love with him. He's also a snob, but he has other traits that seem very aspie-ish. His affect is flatter than his brother's, he's more obsessive, and he has some truly splendid melt downs. My favourite is when he has a melt down in Cafe Nervosa, and has to take his clothes off they're choking him too much. By the time Frasier gets there Niles is sitting behind a newspaper saying, "i'm having that dream where I'm naked in nervosa..." Frasier replies, "I think we're all having that dream." :lol:

I realise that this is very exaggerated, but I've felt exactly this way myself. (Not that I've ever stripped in public. Or climbed into a freezer section in a supermarket, hugging the frozen peas saying, "why so cold, my love?") But melt downs often seem to hit me on public transport, eateries, or supermarkets, just as they hit Niles.

So Niles, my favourite fictional aspie. 8)

WritersBlock
Raven
Raven

20 Oct 2009, 2:11 pm

Both (and all posted since) are fictional characters developed and written for their entertainment value.
Whether the writers and producers are aware (much less intend) that their characters exhibit spectrum traits is only something they would know for certain.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 2:14 pm

I would say yes,

I would also add 'Hodges' to the list.

How about Harold Ramis? I don't think he was actually acting in Ghostbusters

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 2:17 pm

Callista wrote:
They joked about him being AS, and then said he wasn't, just a jerk.

He isn't. He's very, very socially perceptive. His only real AS-like trait is his obsession with medicine... House is a pretty textbook sociopath, actually, just one who's figured out that you only do things you can get away with. Not every sociopath is some kind of serial killer, y'know.

I don't think he's a sociopath, he's just petulant. He behaves like a jerk and has a really cold selfish personality but he's fairly ethical in that he always does the right thing in the end. He doesn't strike me as sleazy enough to be a sociopath.