Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2009, 10:28 pm

Most people do care when personal space is invaded by the way and there's good reasons for it, look up proxemics if you want to know more.

One thing that instantly jumped to mind was that she was probably more aware of the people around than you were, maybe someone she was looking to impress was standing near by, sounds like more of an embarrassed reaction than anything else? Pinching the butt is a much less conspicuous than what you did which probably would have been fine in a less public situation. Think back and see if you remember who else, if anyone, was there.

I wouldn't bring it up just be cooler with her in future, maybe say 'ow!' in a very exagerated way next time she pinches you. Or you could turn round and slap her and pretend you thought it was a boy :lol: (don't do that)

Off topic but just have to say in reply to Rose_in_winter - the world wouldn't be a better place if honesty was the norm btw, there would be much much more bullying all round, people can use the truth in ways that hurt just as much as lies if they get the chance and if 'honesty' is the norm then there would be much more chances.

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 10:53 pm

Maybe "Hey, I like your perfume" would have been a better way to put it?

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 8:58 am

racooneyes wrote:
Most people do care when personal space is invaded by the way and there's good reasons for it, look up proxemics if you want to know more.

One thing that instantly jumped to mind was that she was probably more aware of the people around than you were, maybe someone she was looking to impress was standing near by, sounds like more of an embarrassed reaction than anything else? Pinching the butt is a much less conspicuous than what you did which probably would have been fine in a less public situation. Think back and see if you remember who else, if anyone, was there.

I wouldn't bring it up just be cooler with her in future, maybe say 'ow!' in a very exagerated way next time she pinches you. Or you could turn round and slap her and pretend you thought it was a boy :lol: (don't do that)

Off topic but just have to say in reply to Rose_in_winter - the world wouldn't be a better place if honesty was the norm btw, there would be much much more bullying all round, people can use the truth in ways that hurt just as much as lies if they get the chance and if 'honesty' is the norm then there would be much more chances.

hmm, i think some people were close. and now that i think about it, she did pinch my butt in a more secluded environment.

i think i will pretend it never happened. X/.

i agree about the honesty. some things just cant be made to sound better. take for example, if you had a friend who just valued your opinion above everything else, and she got a haircut that you thought was the ugliest thing on earth, and to her it was the best thing that happened to her. if she asked you how you liked it, which would be better? "oh, it's too crazy to be something id ever get, but it looks great on you!" or "it's the ugliest thing ive ever seen."

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

23 Oct 2009, 7:23 pm

Maybe it was the way you said it. In any case it is her response that strikes me as rude.

EC
Toucan
Toucan

24 Oct 2009, 4:31 pm

MudandStars wrote:

...followed by a subtle whisper in her ear - "I like it a lot!"

You know, do it just to mess with her if she's such a hypocritical prude. :lol:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 4:44 pm

EC wrote:
MudandStars wrote:

...followed by a subtle whisper in her ear - "I like it a lot!"

You know, do it just to mess with her if she's such a hypocritical prude. :lol:

:lol:

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 6:57 pm

Her form of greeting is undeniably weird. "You smell nice" or anything along those lines could be sexually interpreted and to bend over and sniff her is also odd. If you wanted to make it even weirder, could could've said, " I want to smell you with more than my nose; :wink: "

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 7:24 pm

If I did the same, I could sound like a scary person. Much more so than Spazzergasm. That would make the issue minor and out of proportion

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 7:25 pm

protest_the_hero wrote:
Her form of greeting is undeniably weird. "You smell nice" or anything along those lines could be sexually interpreted and to bend over and sniff her is also odd. If you wanted to make it even weirder, could could've said, " I want to smell you with more than my nose; :wink: "

i didnt bend over, i just sorta leaned an inch closer and sniffed. XD okay, maybe 3 inches. :lol:
and that would indeed be wierd.....what other body parts can detect smell? :lol: