Veteran

21 Oct 2009, 9:30 pm

Well it has been a year since my diagnosis... just marking the milestone

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2009, 11:04 pm

Happy (I hope) Anniversary.

Since diagnosis - what sort of things have you worked through.

My son was diagnosed in March of this year (and I learned that I have many of the signs since reading about autism). Even in a few months, I worked through a lot of feelings (both for my son and for myself and dealing with my own past and current personality and way of interacting with others and way of being). I have also gained a lot of insights - for which I am very grateful.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 1:00 am

CanadianRose wrote:
Happy (I hope) Anniversary.

Since diagnosis - what sort of things have you worked through.

My son was diagnosed in March of this year (and I learned that I have many of the signs since reading about autism). Even in a few months, I worked through a lot of feelings (both for my son and for myself and dealing with my own past and current personality and way of interacting with others and way of being). I have also gained a lot of insights - for which I am very grateful.

Thanks. Some of the things are how to handle large crowds, how to deal with difficult co-workers...