Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:31 am

just at school, everything was pretty good. i was way more extroverted, and people noticed and were nicer :D. like in art class, everyone was telling jokes, and i could NOT stop laughing...i was like, manic! but in a good way. i even got to attempt to explain "meat" to someone, and he kepts saying it the rest of the day and laughing. XD and during sports, i kept laughing and stuff, even though my aim drastically went, and i was close to worthless for the team :lol: it was a really good, laughy day. :). i felt so much less awkwardness, and like, words seemed to come out way easier. during sports i was actually shouting and stuff like an NT does and it came naturally!
i think people still thought i was a bit wierd, but they seem a lot kinder if you have a big smile on your face and everything makes you laugh. :D.
oh and when i came home, MY COMPUTER WAS IN MY ROOM! yay :D

anyone else ever get a really happy day? it's so random and unexpected, and your social skills just seem WAY better.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:34 am

Good for you :) . I've noticed if I'm in a really good mood and engage people, it nearly always works out for the better.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:37 am

I knew you had it in you to understand jokes... Slow is better that failure :wink:

yaay - computer :lol:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:45 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Good for you :) . I've noticed if I'm in a really good mood and engage people, it nearly always works out for the better.

yeah, i mean, i felt pretty normal. i wonder if i am NT after all?

[b]Keith[/b- they were freshman jokes :P

indeed! *does computer dance*

AMD
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Oct 2009, 9:51 am

That is great! I find i am more socialable if i am in a happy laughy mood. I think this is why the kids in my son's class like him, cause he is a laugher! And you know, smiling and especially laughing is very contagious!

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:55 am

That sounds like a really great day.

Thanks for sharing :wink:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 10:06 am

Spazzergasm wrote:
i think people still thought i was a bit wierd, but they seem a lot kinder if you have a big smile on your face and everything makes you laugh. :D.

Yes, the power of just smiling can be a marvellous thing, especially when you mean it, which you clearly did.

Sadly it's a long time since I've enjoyed a "breakout phase" like that. Somehow the cares and responsibilities of life seem to have gradually made it more difficult for me to get into carefree levity. :( Also my sense of humour has always been disturbingly dark to many people. But I think the happy guy is still there, waiting in the wings for better days.

Way back in the past, I had a spell of social competence that lasted for over a year, and it was so complete that it was the one thing that most made me doubt that I had AS when that was first suggested about a year ago. It was a mix of people who happened to suit me very well, they were very friendly and seemed to respect people simply because they were people......so I kind of took the plunge and really opened up to them, in a way I never did before or since. I must have made loads of minor social mistakes, but nobody seemed to mind.

I never regretted extending that trust to them. I might have been seeing them as more perfect than they actually were, but I can't recall any time when that assumption let me down. I suppose my genuine liking for them showed.......I've often found that when I make it plain that I like somebody, they'll usually return the favour. Only problem is that my need for lots of time to myself tends to come over as being sick of their company, though for some strange reason it was never a problem back then.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 10:36 am

Glad to hear things turned out alright.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 10:46 am

I couldn't be happier for you. Let's hope this is the start of better things.

@Prosser -- Love the Super Sonic avatar 8) .

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 11:48 am

AMD wrote:
That is great! I find i am more socialable if i am in a happy laughy mood. I think this is why the kids in my son's class like him, cause he is a laugher! And you know, smiling and especially laughing is very contagious!

does he have AS?
i think most people liked me when i was in elementary because of this, as well. i was never mean or negative, just sort of "not always there" XD

thank you for the kind words, everyone! i am learning that just being more laughy really helps. :) even if im depressed, at school, i do laugh and take things lightly/joke around. it does good.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 12:00 pm

I'm glad you got your computer back.

Pernicious-Knid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2009, 12:19 pm

Congradulations!

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 12:24 pm

:D

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 12:39 pm

Hooray!

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2009, 12:59 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
anyone else ever get a really happy day? it's so random and unexpected, and your social skills just seem WAY better.

Happens to me like twice a year. And it is random I never know why they happen.

AMD
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Oct 2009, 1:02 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
AMD wrote:

does he have AS?
i think most people liked me when i was in elementary because of this, as well. i was never mean or negative, just sort of "not always there" XD

thank you for the kind words, everyone! i am learning that just being more laughy really helps. :) even if im depressed, at school, i do laugh and take things lightly/joke around. it does good.

Yep, he sure does! He also has ADD, so with him actually "being there" (with meds) has helped him a lot on the friend front as well. :)