Do you Play Dance Dance Revolution, Stepmania, etc?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 12:08 pm

And how good are you at this. I wonder if Autism or whatnot has an effect on this (how good you are at it based off motor and feet coordination, endurance, speec, memorization, etc). Then there is the nice effects of lights and whether neurodiverse are atteracted tot he flashing lights and electronica. Then the anime-ish characters :P

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 12:54 pm

When I go to the arcade, I'll play DDR, but I have to keep it at it's lowest difficulty :lol: .

AMD
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Oct 2009, 12:57 pm

I suck, but it's a lot of fun!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 2:39 pm

I've played it a few times, but never long enough to become any good at it...

Haven't touched it at all since Guitar Hero came out, which is fine by me, since DDR never had any songs I liked in it (except for Bowie - Let's Dance, which was only like the first verse and then it ended).

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2009, 3:26 pm

I haven`t tried DDR or that type of game I imagine I would suck. The closest thing I play is drums on rock band and guitar hero and I can play most songs on hard.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 3:51 pm

I'm not so good at moving my feet to those arrows. I would much rather play the drums to a musical tape. I'm better at that.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 7:27 pm

I haven't played DDR in a while but I am really good. Only one of my friends was better, one was pretty even and the rest were okay but not great. I surprise myself all the time playing games like DDR, Guitar Hero, and Rock Band because I can hit so many arrows/notes without really noticing that I am. It's like I fall into some sort of trance and whenever I realise I'm in a trance I fall out of it and start missing a bunch of notes and it takes a while to get back into the groove. It's hard to describe because it's really weird. Usually I have no idea what kind of score to expect when I get to the end but it's usually a lot better than I thought it should have been.

I will add that I don't know if I have AS or anything, so maybe you don't actually care about my rhythm game skills.

Electric_Kite
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:18 pm

I thought "Dance Dance Revolution" was a game where Player 1 says:
"Gravotte, Cha-Cha, Industrial."
and Player 2 says:
"Funky Chicken, Fox Trot, American,"
and so on, dropping players as they fail to come up with never-before-in-this-game-session mentioned dances and revolutions, last one standing wins.

Are you talking about something on the wii?

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2009, 9:25 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
It's like I fall into some sort of trance and whenever I realise I'm in a trance I fall out of it and start missing a bunch of notes and it takes a while to get back into the groove. It's hard to describe because it's really weird. Usually I have no idea what kind of score to expect when I get to the end but it's usually a lot better than I thought it should have been.

Yes thats exactly what happens to me. The second i start thinking I start failing.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 9:26 pm

Electric_Kite wrote:
I thought "Dance Dance Revolution" was a game where Player 1 says:
"Gravotte, Cha-Cha, Industrial."
and Player 2 says:
"Funky Chicken, Fox Trot, American,"
and so on, dropping players as they fail to come up with never-before-in-this-game-session mentioned dances and revolutions, last one standing wins.

Are you talking about something on the wii?

There is a version for the Wii, but the OP could also be talking about the arcade version.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AMD
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Oct 2009, 9:47 pm

I can do fine on easy or beginner, whichever is the easiest. Past that, the multiple arrows at a time or really close together, going from my eyes to my brain and back down to my feet, i just can't process that at all! Kinda like how i can't read sheet music for piano and have my left hand do something different than my right hand. Maybe that's why I can't type worth crap either. lol

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2009, 9:49 am

I'm not so great. I had a friend who had his own dance mat, a nice one. Looked expensive, anywho, I wanted to get good and practiced a few times and got ok. But you'd need regular access to get any good. I think with practice I could be a decent player. I'm just not.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2009, 12:45 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
When I go to the arcade, I'll play DDR, but I have to keep it at it's lowest difficulty :lol: .

lol. I do DDR X at a level from 3 to 8 or so :P (hard is 10 and it gets to WTF extreme levels at 15)

Electric_Kite wrote:
I thought "Dance Dance Revolution" ....

hahaha no :p

this is the game. the whole point is dance to the patterns the arrows make. can get cool at the higher difficulties ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_UPc-LdZE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBKVua1LtE[/youtube]

Quote:
...Are you talking about something on the wii?

It's an arcade game but it has Wii versions.

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
It's like I fall into some sort of trance and whenever I realise I'm in a trance I fall out of it and start missing a bunch of notes and it takes a while to get back into the groove.

that's the name of a DDR game. In the Groove :p

Quote:
I will add that I don't know if I have AS or anything, so maybe you don't actually care about my rhythm game skills.

it''s still cool, my n***a :)

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 8:28 pm

eh, apologizing for the revive, but I just love this game.

I used to be a freak for DDR MAX2, then my pad broke. Back then I used to be able to get through a few heavy mode songs, and was able to AA all of the standard mode songs. Well, now that it has been like 2 years since I played, I got DDR X + a pad for xmas, and ive been wanting to play again, but surgery has been preventing me for realy getting into it (I turn off the jumps and only play in beginner, at least until ive recovered some more. Hope I can get back into the mode of AA/AAAing stuff again, with jumps on.)

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 8:33 pm

I love rhythm action, but I suck badly at these sorts of games. Back in my weeaboo days I used to play DDR a lot, but now it's mainly Guitar Hero/Rock Band stuff.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 1:16 am

I have the Wii version.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!