Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2009, 1:39 pm

I just finished writing a 130-page screenplay detailing me and my family growing up. Now I'm facing the task of trying to get some studio to pick it up, and I'm completely new to this industry. To be frank, I mostly wrote this screenplay in the hope that I'd be able to get out of the life I have here, a bit of a desperate measure. I've spent the last two months writing what I consider a great script with the story of our family, with plenty of both touching and entertaining scenes. Just about all scenes are what actually happened, yet I think I've gathered scenes that still tell a coherent story. All in all, the script stretches over 25 years. These are some of the themes covered:

* AS in both my father and me, and how people around us react.
* Motherly love, and how my mom reacts to all my peculiarities.
* My 1-man crime wave on the Internet in the late 90's, I broke into hundreds of systems and was convicted for it.
* Both me and my sister partially making our living through crime.
* Me competing in strongman, showing that even if you're just the typical autistic geek as a child, you can still pull trucks and such as an adult.
* Substance abuse, my sister, mother and father all succumbing to it.
* General disintegration of the family with everyone left broken in some way.
* My mother getting a brain tumour, then becoming crippled from complications after the surgery and eventually dying from a heart attack at 52.
* How things can start out great yet then just keep going down the drain.

I personally think it's a great script, but being both broke and without connections, this process of trying to get the script picked up scares me.. Anyone know if some studio is looking for a script involving AS, crime and social problems?

hennastalker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2009, 5:48 am

You finished writing the screenplay, but you did not finished everything. All good screenplays need a lot of rewriting. Also do you study screenwriting theory? The story is very personal, so how can NTs relate to the story?

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2009, 8:27 am

Yep, it's only considered a draft before studios work on it. I'm looking to get it sent to a studio. I've not studied much theory apart from reading a couple of other scripts, but the script isn't that heavily focused on the internal world of autism, it's fairly visible in people's actions. What I hope people will relate to the most is sympathetic characters suffering tragic fates.

While waiting for input from people I've sent it to, I think I'm going to write a book too, just in case I don't get this movie made. I hear it's easier getting a book published than a movie made.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2009, 3:51 pm

im about to write a script for one of my movie ideas.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 9:16 am

As long as you finish something and still work on it, I will be happy to read what you have here. If not, we're only wasting our brain cells thinking of these screenplays!

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 9:40 am

Sounds interesting, but you might want to work on it a bit more.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 10:25 am

you may have to be a bit careful to make sure this doesn't count as profiting from crime seeing as your past criminal activites comprise what seems to be a fair part of the proposed plot

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 1:53 am

In short, just 'copy and paste' to fair amounts.