New Mac X 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I am not aware of these events! 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I am not aware of these events! 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2006, 4:14 am

:) :) Hey. i hadn't seen any topics on the future revolution of Windows Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and a new version of Mac OS X coming out this year. I enjoy Vista's outlook, and if you agree,, don't agree, or just wanted to update everyone on Vista News, be yourself. :) :)
-Jerick

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 5:54 am

jerick wrote:
Jerick
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

New postPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:13 pm Post subject: Windows Vista, Longhorn Server, IE 7, & more future prod Reply with quote
Smile Smile Hey. i hadn't seen any topics on the future revolution of Windows Vista, Internet Explorer 7, and a new version of Mac OS X coming out this year. I enjoy Vista's outlook, and if you agree,, don't agree, or just wanted to update everyone on Vista News, be yourself. Smile Smile
-Jerick

Hmmmmmm?

Windows Vista? wrote:
•Vista Window? Never heard of it, all I knew was Longhorn being the
next X-windows. I am not a PC user, so please correct me if I am
wrong, and enlighten me in this gray area.

Explore 7 wrote:
•Explorer 7, not surprised. 1/31/06' Microsoft no longer has downloads
for Macintosh Explorer and lucky for me I have them on burnt CD.

This I do know! Explorer 6 is PC only, so perhaps you can enliven me
on this vaguity?

OS X.5?-or upgraded version? wrote:
I am currently updated to X.4.3 and that is almost the last
OS X for my Pismo. I can install X.4.4.

I also know that iLife 05' is G3 400 + in CD or DVD disk
option. iLife is G4+ on DVD only. This is the only
current update I know of. Please enliven me!

Hmmmmm? Do tell me these updates, since I buy used powerbooks
and thus don't pay much attention to updates.

Thanks,
Ghosthunter

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 6:44 am

Who cares about IE7? Firefox and Opera are great. IE6 is crap. Plus a IE7 would be MS any way so there is no way that it could be that much good.

Heres a example of some of the things I have heard about Windows Vista

<null-0> So, anyone else suffering through a vista beta this morning ?
<MindOfChaos> How crap is the new Windows beta?
<null-0> oh man.
<MindOfChaos> Winblows Visa?
<null-0> let's see, this is build 5259, if that matters. it's horrid.
<null-0> tons of eye candy, but it looks like a gnome/kde prison camp was forced to produce the gui's
<null-0> and they didn't get along ;)
* MindOfChaos thinks the release version will be crap
* null-0 agrees
<null-0> i have to admit, some of the icons are attractive, but after 5 minutes of use, it's just not ready.
<MindOfChaos> yeah
* MindOfChaos sticks with Linux
<null-0> for instance: Why do I need to download and install anti-spyware, anti-phishing, anti-etc, when this is supposed to be a 'new and secure' version of windows ?
* MindOfChaos running Xfce window manager
<null-0> xfce is cool . i just prefer fluxbox + rox myself.
<MindOfChaos> Its called backward compatabily lol
<null-0> LOL
<null-0> i believe it is M$'s goal to just confuse with obscurity the people who switch, with all this mess of eye candy, into thinking they have something 'good' finally.
<null-0> there are like 50 buttons/switches/pref's in just a normal 'explorer' window. WTF ? HELLO! stick to standards!
<null-0> there are guides (cough apple, linux) on how to create USABLE gui's with intuitive controls. why can't windows learn ?
<MindOfChaos> This is good
* MindOfChaos likes the idea of M$ scaring Windows users off it. And losing any claim to ease of use

Theres some of the more positive comments I have heard about Windows Vista. Im not looking forward to it.

A new Mac OS X version? I know they are moving macs to intel but I will only become interested in Mac OS X when they let you put it on a computer thats not a Apple PC then I would consider getting Mac OS X and switching from linux. So another words Mac OS X doesn't effect me at all at the moment.

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2006, 12:19 pm

IE7 = garbage

First of all, like always, MS decided to not follow the CSS 2.1 standards and would instead make up their own rules. This means making websites will continue to be torture for us developers. Other than that, the only features it boasts are the ones it stole from Firefox (ie: tabbed windows).

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2006, 12:34 am

well in my opinion i wasnt soo aware of them other posts, yah. also i think IE 7 will be just as expected, just some better improvement but something not so new to firefox and opera users, but according to it, the processes that make it are drastically smaller, (i have had firefox, first off i hate its thing with websites, always corrupting them, and it takes upp too much memory on my ram) i had the IE7 beta and its good... it has that phishing filter and the integrated RSS, like firefox, but it works well with websites. it doesnt take up too much processes. and i

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2006, 1:13 am

Jerick wrote:
well in my opinion i wasnt soo aware of them other posts, yah. also i think IE 7 will be just as expected, just some better improvement but something not so new to firefox and opera users, but according to it, the processes that make it are drastically smaller, (i have had firefox, first off i hate its thing with websites, always corrupting them, and it takes upp too much memory on my ram) i had the IE7 beta and its good... it has that phishing filter and the integrated RSS, like firefox, but it works well with websites. it doesnt take up too much processes. and i

IE7 = Garbage

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2006, 5:31 am

When is Windows Vista getting a release ?

Im thinking of getting a new laptop, but i might wait till this new OS is out.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2006, 7:34 am

johnny, i think windows vista(longhorne) is suppose to be out for desktop and server in mid 06.

i read something about it in the magazine pctoday it can be bought at any staples or officemax store.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2006, 1:10 pm

Jerick wrote:
nternet Explorer 7

I'll stick with Mozilla Firefox. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 will be too much a drag on system resources to be usable for one thing. Microsoft still won't have long-established Web standards right in IE7. As a Web developer, I find that disappointing really.

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2006, 7:02 pm

you know what... i am thinking aobut thta... i now believe that a company should be able to do only some thing like mozilla and their firefox thing... microsoft can stick to operating systems and such, and leave the better quality additions to it to be left by other companies

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2006, 7:05 pm

also.... if anyone is interested one is able to put in mac os X in their PC computer if they decide to use an emulator or i am not sure what it is called, but it can let you do that, but its very limited to a couple processors and the quality of it is choppier... but hey, you dont see the vice-versa case of windows OS's on Macs, os there you go

theman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: Oklahoma...... where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

01 Mar 2006, 11:10 pm

Jerick wrote:
also.... if anyone is interested one is able to put in mac os X in their PC computer if they decide to use an emulator or i am not sure what it is called, but it can let you do that, but its very limited to a couple processors and the quality of it is choppier... but hey, you dont see the vice-versa case of windows OS's on Macs, os there you go

Actually, I think far more people run windows on a mac than vice versa, simply because some programs only come in windows flavor.

There is also Linux. I'm thinking of trying Xandros 3.0, it's supposedly pretty good, also what is more fun than learning a new os? :roll:

alex
Developer
Developer

01 Mar 2006, 11:55 pm

Jerick wrote:
you know what... i am thinking aobut thta... i now believe that a company should be able to do only some thing like mozilla and their firefox thing... microsoft can stick to operating systems and such, and leave the better quality additions to it to be left by other companies

Yet Apple is able to make a great browser without tying it into the operating system. :roll:

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 6:46 pm

I've used IE7 (beta), and I must say from a user standpoint it's really no improvement, I'll stick with Opera and the occasional use of IE when needed.

As for Vista, the alpha release (might have been 4074) was by far the slowest OS I've ever used. To be fair, much of the code was rewritten/discarded since then. And eight versions? I don't know what they're thinking splitting up the market like that, it didn't work when they tried it with Xbox 360.

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2006, 6:23 pm

I see... well i should make a note of that however the beta releases are far less what microsoft should finally produce when they come out.. mayb eMIcrosoft will even make their own new things... anyway I assume when Vista officially comes out, it should be much faster with the updated hardware by then... lol dont worry people you may have a change of heart against vista once oyu see it, you may be impressed! who knows? maybe microsoft.