Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2009, 10:50 am

I wonder how much longer he's gonna play musical meds with me. He's tried me on a number of meds, all of which have proven to cause aggressive feelings in me. You know, anger, restlessness, hair-trigger temper...and these are so-called mood stabilizers.

See, I have bipolar disorder amongst a host of other stuff. Every 5 or 6 weeks I go it, I report it's not really working that well, he says, "well, we'll stop that and you'll be med-free for a couple weeks and we'll try you on something else."

two weeks later, "Mike, I'd like to try you on (med)." I'll ask about the side-effects. He'll tell me. I'll agree. It takes a few weeks to get up to a therapeutic level and it won't do anything for me.

Either I don't really have bipolar disorder or he's withholding the good stuff.

Currently, I'm on Triliptal. It might as well be called Obecalp (which, I'm just waiting for them to write a script for. I'll just smile and take it straight to the ADA's Attorney General's office)

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2009, 10:19 am

Different people react differently to different meds, this is most noticable with mental health meds. It's not your doctor's fault, the only option is to test one kind of med, wait for results, then keep it or change it accordingly. There isn't really a perfect fix for bipolar disorder, only different drugs to curb it's effects a little.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2009, 11:30 am

sounds like merry-go-around- :lol: