Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2009, 10:45 am

tweety_fan wrote:
My favourite ep is Gunmen of the Apocolypse

Good for you. Series 6 is greatly under-appreciated. My favourite episode from this series is Legion.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2009, 9:26 am

Red Dwarf was my favorite sitcom, up to some of the later episodes. I thought the first two seasons had the funniest dialogue, but the seasons with Hattie Hayridge as Holly and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten were hilarious as well.

EnglishInvader wrote:
Queeg also has me in stitches whenever I watch it.

That episode had the best Rimmer insult: "You are a total, total... there's a word yet to be invented to describe how much of a total, total, whatever it is you are! But you are one, and a total, total one at that!"

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 7:35 pm

I am also a fan of Red Dwarf. Yes, "Tongue-Tied" is now in my head again. Fortunately for me, the entire series is available streaming on Netflix, and I just got "Back To Earth" from them. I was amused, but disappointed, because I'd hope in would fit in with the continuity from the last series.

Still, that's got to be the best death scene ever made. Kick him square in the nuts and run. How Rimmer.

I love the episode "Back to Reality," but I don't think it's my favorite. I couldn't pick that without heavy deliberation.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 12:24 am

I love this show! My favorite is Polymorph, I think, or Quarantine. Or anything with Ace Rimmer. What a guy! Oh, and the one... I don't remember the name, the one where Kryten learns to lie. "We'll always have Parrots."

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 9:14 am

irishwhistle wrote:
I love this show! Oh, and the one... I don't remember the name, the one where Kryten learns to lie. "We'll always have Parrots."

Camille

"It's a small, off-duty Czechoslovakian traffic warden!"

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 6:45 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
"It's a small, off-duty Czechoslovakian traffic warden!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFL I love that episode!

Still can't pick an absolute favourite episode though, I've been thinking about it but it's just too difficult.

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2009, 5:21 am

Words can't describe how happy I was the day I found out that the entire series is available to watch instantly on Netflix. Tikka To Ride is one of my favorite episodes of any show ever; it's pure genius. I must go now; I'm in quarantine, and I don't want Mr. Flibble to get cross again...

But first, a favorite scene:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss5CCrUBwbg[/youtube]

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 4:28 pm

After all this talk you must want some toast?
Toast is good for you.
I've got a theory that the universe originated out of a need for bread... and toast
:wink:

Anyone remember the above episode? I wonder in all seriousness how long it will be before artificial intelligence is incorporated into all household goods and the toaster and dishwasher will be having philosophical discussions. :?

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 5:07 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Toast is good for you.
I've got a theory that the universe originated out of a need for bread... and toast

Given that god is infinite and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted teacake?

Every single time I think about having some grilled bread products, I can't stop myself from imitating Talkie Toaster's "would you like some toast?". I even sometimes quote it randomly to people and they stare blankly while I laugh myself silly, or else they answer and then I have to make them some toast (while still giggling to myself). :lol:

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 1:29 am

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Toast is good for you.

Given that god is infinite and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a toasted teacake?

Every single time I think about having some grilled bread products, I can't stop myself from imitating Talkie Toaster's "would you like some toast?". I even sometimes quote it randomly to people and they stare blankly while I laugh myself silly, or else they answer and then I have to make them some toast (while still giggling to myself). :lol:

That is such an awesome toaster quote. But I think it's very funny that you quote it and then end up having to make people toast. It's the price of non sequitur quoting.

And now I have to come up with a quote to justify my posting. I present one that always makes me laugh.

L: Wasn't it Descartes that said, "I am what I am?"
R: No, that was Popeye the Sailor Man.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 5:27 am

For those of you in the UK, Danny John Jules will be at the following event:
http://www.collectormania.com/miltonkeynes/home.html

It's a shame that Robert Llewellyn won't be there since he is from Northampton, which is just down the road from Milton Keynes.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 11:45 pm

saw the early episodes in my youth. loved them!

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 11:35 am

Quote:
Heck, I'm hoping to have the presence of mind to make "gazpacho soup" the last thing I utter before I die.

I'm going to have it written on my grave! :lol:

GAWD there's too many good episodes, they pretty much all made me laugh. I think the best quote from the toaster is 'I toast therefore I am'! So funny! I also like the episode DNA, particularly the part where Kryten shows Lister a photo of his penis and asks 'Is it normal?' Then Lister says, 'What? Taking a photo of your penis and showing it to your mates?' Also liked the second part to that conversation where he gets TWO photos out and Lister's face! Priceless! He was flicking through an appliances catalogue at the time as well!

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 10:31 pm

Definitely. It's absolutely wonderful.