Study Shows Single Women Prefer to Date Attached Men?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2009, 5:16 pm

I agree it's the truth and here are some personal anecdotes:

Was the wussy type at 19 and a late-bloomer as far as getting women to notice me or see my potential.

After I got married I had numerous women hitting on me, one of them swearing she'd steal me away from my wife, and another saying (not in a tongue-in-cheek way) that she'd like to take me into the bathroom and f**k me even though she said that in front of my wife. Another time a woman whose husband was a part-owner in the business I worked for hit on me at a party where my wife and I were attending. Another time in college (taking a few classes just for fun) I was hit on by two different women in a class.

Then the divorce and NOTHING, no looks no comments, NOTHING, just run into evil man-hating women, or bad blind dates, etc.

Fast forward to today with my gf. We go out and EVERY time we're out I get 2-3 women looking at me (more sometimes) - - - and a platonic girlfriend of both me and my gf has shown interest to me via her body language (always primping, thrusting her chest out, hair flips, etc.) DESPITE having a new bf she brags about.

They see three things IMHO: #1: you are confident/ #2: you don't need them/ #3: another woman likes you so you must be good material

Same me single, no respect, called loser-clingy-too-emotional and friendzoned, same me with a gf, I am teh shizzle

Go figure

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 9:25 pm

I guess it boils down to the same thing for both sexes: People want what they cannot have. Personally, I could never understand this, but it seems to hold across at least the NT population...

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 11:11 pm

polymathpoolplayer wrote:
After I got married I had numerous women hitting on me, one of them swearing she'd steal me away from my wife, and another saying (not in a tongue-in-cheek way) that she'd like to take me into the bathroom and f**k me even though she said that in front of my wife. Another time a woman whose husband was a part-owner in the business I worked for hit on me at a party where my wife and I were attending. Another time in college (taking a few classes just for fun) I was hit on by two different women in a class.

8O

I must really be oblivious to NT behavior. This is all so...low-class and trashy. *Shudder*

~Steve Jobs

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2009, 12:02 am

SINsister wrote:
polymathpoolplayer wrote:

8O

I must really be oblivious to NT behavior. This is all so...low-class and trashy. *Shudder*

Yes it was really low-class and trashy. I think it's altogether a different thing to secretly have a crush or even wish things were different, or even go so far as to say :"gee I think you're neat, and if you had been available I'd have loved to have gotten to know you better, but since you're attached I wish you well."

BTW my experiences of having other women stare at me while out with my gf was added to tonight while out clothes shopping. I think perhaps this "trend" might be accentuated by the fact that I am a "good" shopper for a man.