Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2009, 2:37 am

I have three sisters, and two of them have a habit of asking me whether something they are wearing either makes them look fat or stupid. I finally got sick of it and just started saying yes, even when they didn't look bad; they know I'm being sarcastic, and that's usually the end of it.

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2009, 6:48 pm

I don't think you have to worry about him being honest with you. If you two tied the knot I sure he understands you enough by now. :)

Just don't be stressed out about your weight. As long as you not all skin and bones on one extreme or are morbidly obese on the over you are OK. Women in our society have a ton of more societal pressure about their weight then us guys do and it seems to be why most anorexics are female, it's disgusting.

YAY, my 2000th post!

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Nov 2009, 7:22 pm

Quoting Spokane_Girl

Quote:
People have came to me in the past asking me because they knew I'd be honest. But some tried to take advantage of me by asking me about another person just so they can repeat it to that person and then get how bad I am and such a rude person I am. After one lesson I learned to not trust those kids in my high school when they ask me about a person. I knew they would hold it against me and repeat it to other people. That I won't understand why they would do such a thing. Ask for my honest opinion, hold it against me and tell it to that person what I said about him or her and I have all these negative labels.

Oh boy, I can identify with that. That happened to me all the time in school, but I didn't think it would happen to me in work, and it was much worse in work. I couldn't believe it either. How can people be like that? But there was one person who liked to turn the truth upside down and that was even weirder. She would come to me saying all kinds of mean things about a person and I would say, "Really? I think so & so is really nice. I don't think she's the way you say she is at all." The next day I would see this person in the hall with the person she said those awful things about, acting like she was her best friend. And then, that person she talked about would start acting very strange and distant to me. I think the person A who bad mouthed the other person B told the other person B that I said all those things instead of herperson A to make person B not like me any more. Doesn't it get confusing? Even trying to write about it is hard and confusing. I could never be that deceitful. It's too much work. LOL

Sorry for such a long post. I think you can trust your husband for the truth. From what you have written in other posts, you seem to have a really good and tight relationship with him and he seems like a very caring and honest person.