"How creepy? Like Asperger's Creepy?"

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 12:12 am

On top what a nasty comment it was, how can you say something like that, not knowing enough about the person you're talking to? If you say "gay creepy" or "Jewish creepy," how do you know that the person you're saying it to isn't gay or Jewish? Personally, I'd have told her off immediately, but I'm known for having few inhibitions about speaking my mind. (Must be an AS thing.)

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2017, 2:25 am

I was told by a girl that I fancied at school that I gave her the creeps. It wasn't particularly nice but, as far as I know, this was the only time someone has said this about me.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 2:40 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
On top what a nasty comment it was, how can you say something like that, not knowing enough about the person you're talking to? If you say "gay creepy" or "Jewish creepy," how do you know that the person you're saying it to isn't gay or Jewish? Personally, I'd have told her off immediately, but I'm known for having few inhibitions about speaking my mind. (Must be an AS thing.)

People know that if they say "Jewish creepy" or "gay creepy" it may go viral and result in thier public humiliation. Just yet another example where autism is treated differently.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:23 pm

anxiety25 wrote:
Boyfriend says you probably shouldn't say anything if there is potential that you may lose your job, but that if they bring it up again, you should mention something to her about saying such things.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell "Asperger's creepy" means, lol.

As far as I know, "Aspergers Creepy" sort of means being where you weren't invited with gifts that were not asked for. Aspies awkwardly creep around socially sort of like hairy spiders where as creeps actually do creepy, mean things.
Whereas "creepy" means a person has evil intent and is just waiting for the right moment to inflict this evil intention. Creep=sociopath.(Scenario: OMG! This creep's got a knife! Hit the alarm! Help!! !!)
Aspergers creep=harmless, but not wanted around, yet is still underfoot. (Scenario: Will you please just get the hell out of here, you creep! We're closing for the night!! Don't you see me cleaning up and locking the doors! Get out!!) A BIG DIFFERENCE!! !! 8O

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 8:59 am

That is really insulting!