Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2009, 9:49 pm

Some might remember publications about a recall concerning a speed-control switch that may cause fires (even when inactive) in a selection of Ford cars and trucks. I just received this letter and my Explorer will be sent to the dealership soon. The only thing is it will interfere with my commuting and work. I am unsure if I want to send it this weekend since it's recommended to get it in as soon as possible, or wait until thanksgiving break so I have an entire week or so to wait while it's repaired. Advice?

ssenkrad
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2009, 2:06 am

Wait till the break, dude. I've only heard of one report so far of a fire. And think of the millions of 2003+ Explorers, Rangers, and Windstars on the road. You'll be fine. But yeah, get it done eventually.

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2009, 2:23 am

Well, dealerships do have loners every now and then, perhaps you should ask.

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 3:11 am

Is the 2002 Focus involved in the recall?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 4:04 am

:roll: the millions of people on this planet who dont own a car, what do you think they do? Only 8 percent of the worlds population owns a motor vehicle, and the rest of the people get by just fine without one, so I think you will be perfectly okay without your gas hog for a phew days :P You have many alternative options (depending on your area), you could walk, ride a bike, take the bus, hitch a ride with a coworker, etc
No need to just sit around for a whole week and not go anywere just because you dont have a car that week, that would be so average american

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2009, 11:27 am

Quote:
Wait till the break, dude. I've only heard of one report so far of a fire. And think of the millions of 2003+ Explorers, Rangers, and Windstars on the road. You'll be fine. But yeah, get it done eventually.

I'll wait til then. All the other cars my family has have faced recalls before so I shouldn't have much to worry about.

Quote:
Is the 2002 Focus involved in the recall?

The recall list includes 1995-2003 Windstars, 2000-2003 Excursion diesels, 1993-1997 and 1999-2003 F-Super Duty diesels, 1992-2003 Econolines, 1995-2002 Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers, 1995-1997 and 2001-2003 Rangers and 1994 F35 motorhomes. So you shouldn't have to be concerned.

Quote:
Rolling Eyes the millions of people on this planet who dont own a car, what do you think they do? Only 8 percent of the worlds population owns a motor vehicle, and the rest of the people get by just fine without one, so I think you will be perfectly okay without your gas hog for a phew days Razz You have many alternative options (depending on your area), you could walk, ride a bike, take the bus, hitch a ride with a coworker, etc
No need to just sit around for a whole week and not go anywhere just because you dont have a car that week, that would be so average american

I know of alternate options, that's not what I'm worried about. The only minor drawback is my commuting usually takes 200 miles per week.

david_42
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2009, 11:50 am

First, I would verify that the dealer will be able to handle your vehicle that week, then schedule it.

roadracer - telling someone to use public transportation without knowing their situation is foolish. I've lived in 13 states and 17 cities and have only been able to use public transportation for commuting for five months. Even then, if I had to work late, the trains weren't running.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 7:25 pm

david_42 wrote:
roadracer - telling someone to use public transportation without knowing their situation is foolish. I've lived in 13 states and 17 cities and have only been able to use public transportation for commuting for five months. Even then, if I had to work late, the trains weren't running.

thats why I said, "You have many alternative options (depending on your area)" :wink:
when I said, "depending on your area", what that meant is you might not have all those options available, that it depends on your area.
I might be foolish, but I dont think I couldnt have made it any clearer what I meant in my post :shrug: