Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2010, 1:48 am

no backwards compatibility = Dumb

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 9:03 pm

If I was to compare it....
The new one has more memory compared to the old one.
The new one actually runs more silently (FINALLY) compared to the first original one.
The new one unfortunelately doesn't have a backwards compatibility, they for some reason decided to get rid of it.
And apparently you could install a third party operating system like Linux which they have no ability to do that with the slim version.
So as a result, the new slimline one wins but the only problem is that it could break more easily.... well all consoles do and sure do need great care.. :)

Shiznown
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2010, 10:33 am

The only thing it has over the 60Gb version is more memory, but so what. I'm not installing mods on it, hell PS3 games don't have mods. All I'm doing is saving games on it. I put music and videos on my PC, where they can run so much better and I have more control over them. So stupid. This means, that if you don't have an older PS3 and want to play PS2 and PS1 games, you have to atleast have a PS2, which they don't make anymore. DUMB.