I have an equal amount of good and bad days. 32%  32%  [ 16 ]
My days are all the same. Neutral. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Other... please explain. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 50

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 9:25 am

Familiar territory here, but I'm just curious.

Two days ago, I had a really good day. The world did not seem to affect me. My sensory issues were hardly a problem. I was communicating fairly well, and generally doing OK.

Yesterday, I was a wreck. Tense and on edge. Sounds and lights were unbearably amplified. Sensory overload. I was in anxious-meltdown-mode most of the day.

So a "Good Day" for me is one when the world is not getting to me, sensory problems are minimal and things generally do not go terribly wrong. A "Bad Day" is one where train wreck follows train wreck and I feel like I'm living inside a torture device.

It seems to always swing one way or the other. For me, good days and bad days are usually pretty evenly split. Often times, these days will alternate. A good day follows a bad day follows a good day, etc.

The reasons for this are different for everyone, but I'm just curious about the frequency of good/bad days that you all experience... The current within the sorts of up and down waves that you ride... Please see the poll. Thanks.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 11:41 am

I voted "neutral" because most of my days are somewhere in the middle. I do get good and bad days, but they're just not so common as they used to be. I suppose I've gained quite a lot of control over my life, and have stabilised it.....and my general emotional state is pretty stable. One advantage of being older. 8)

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 11:45 am

Good, bad, have em both. The really good ones are almost manic. Everything seems funny, can laugh for hours and nothing seems to go wrong, normally lasts about 2-5 days. The bad days are pretty much the opposite. Depressed, irritated, bored with everything and so on. Then there's the neutral days which happen about as often as the good/bad ones do. Days where everything is just non-interesting, but not irritating or depressing.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 12:18 pm

I voted "more good than bad," because I think I like my life. I know what I like (my house, my room, my books, my hobbies). I know what I don't like, and I try, to the extent that I can, to avoid them.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 12:19 pm

All days are bad days or have a period of badness. A relatively good day for me is where I am not as severely hit or am hit severely for only a short period.

Yesterday was exceptionally bad; like your description of trainwrecks and torture.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 2:50 pm

Overall I have more good days than bad, but most days are neutral.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2009, 3:05 am

I seem to have pretty low standards for good days; I define a good day as nothing bad happening. My mom will ask "Did you have a good day?" "Yeah, I did." "What good things happened?" "I dunno..."

A very good day, for me, is when something good happens. For instance, today, I apparently looked like a ladies man today when I was walking back from class between two very attractive blondes and carrying on a conversation with them (even talking to one girl, much less two attractive ones, is quite the accomplishment for some at Tech).

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2009, 3:35 am

More bad days than good, I think..but that would be counting neutral days as bad.
The good days are rare and stand out...in a muddle of all the neutral to bad days in-between.
I seem to have good and bad phases of each day really...unless it is a particularly bad day.

A good day would be a day where I have snap and feel motivated and get lots accomplished and don't spend the whole time going in non-productive circles.
These are few and far between.

Last Saturday was a good day because I was able to break out of my routine and do something new...I went to a yoga class in the park and rode my bike all around...

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2009, 4:35 am

I had a real good day on Friday cuz I finished my real estate project.I went out to celebrate, but didnt see another car in the lane i was switching to, and ended up in a motor vehicle collision.Luckily nobody was hurt and my vehicle only recieved a scratch, but the other vehicle s door wont open. So I spent that evening filling out a police motor vehicle collision report.

Today was much better.I called my insurance company and they were pretty good.I also handed in my assignment and passed it.I was having issues with real estate but so far i am passing the course.I am doing extremely well in my other courses.I like school and I like my part time job.I enjoy them both...so unless i am sick, tired, having a bad unlucky day, or its that time of the month...my days are generally good.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 7:31 am

"Good Times, Bad Times, you know I had my share;
When my woman left home for a brown eyed man,
Well, I still don't seem to care."

LED ZEPPELIN

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 8:08 am

---------------
Day, n. (Webster)
1. That part of the time of the earth's revolution on its axis, in which its surface is presented to the sun; the part of the twenty four hours when it is light; or the space of time between the rising and setting of the sun; called the artificial day.
4. Time specified; any period of time distinguished from other time; age; time with reference to the existence of a person or thing.
---------------

My doing well or poorly, or my liking or not liking "the events of the day" are not connected to the earth's revolution on its axis or any distinguished period of time ... and for that, I am grateful. The thought of judging one day as good and another as bad is overwhelming to me:

How can one period of time be any different than any other?
Are sunshine and rain not equally-necessary blessings?

For me, then, the challenge of life is to live in accordance with this:

"This is the day Yahuah has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

Sometimes I see that as a revolution of the earth on its axis, and sometimes I see that as the "day" in which we happen to live. But either way, my successes or failures or satisfactions or disappointments do not make any day either good or bad ...

... and I just realized I have missed the OP question altogether!

My perceptions of and my feelings about people, places, things and situations sometimes seem like children in a playground: Some climb up, some slide down, some swing wildly about and some just spin around. I try to tend to each and all of them, and I try to be proactive about that rather than viewing myself as a victim. Overall, I think I am going to be able to endure to the end where I yet hope to hear "Well done."

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 8:28 am

I do not know how many bad days I have verses good. But now I think I must keep track of them. But I'm afraid of doing that because the results might be bad.

A good day is when I'm noticeably happy.
A bad day is a day where I yell or get angry or cry.

I think I have a lot of inbetween days but I do not think I remember them at all.

26 Dec 2009, 8:34 am

I always have good days. They are the same. Just me sitting at home behind the screen watching my favorite movie as I post here and look elsewhere online.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 Dec 2009, 11:33 am

well since i have a drinking problem the day afterwards is always a bad day. like yesterday, my goodness! envy had me by the nards but overall i enjoy most of my time and one day i hope to quit drinking. ittle happen so i wont rush it im trying this new thing where i ignore it and hopefully i will loose intrest

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2009, 11:46 am

I can relate to what you said about some days seeming like you're living in a torture device. Yes, I have that type of bad day, sometimes a string of them in a row. And then I have those wonderful days when I'm so glad to be alive and everything falls into place and I feel light as air. I often wonder "Is it something I ate?" And then I go over everything I did and ate the day before to see if I can make any connections or find a pattern that leads up to having those really bad days and those really good days. I have those middle of the road days also. Sometimes, when I am having a really good day I say "Uh oh, something must be wrong because I feel really good." It's a puzzle. I think accomplishing something helps to make me feel good. Failing adds to my feeling bad. But it's got to be deeper than that.

Jak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2009, 12:13 pm

Things are usually about equal for me.