Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2009, 7:15 pm

Do you guys have any idea were I can find this cheap because I never have any money and on ebay its always either bid only,in crappy condition,from austrailia meaning high shipping and will take forever to reach rhode island or to expensive.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 2:51 pm

Ebay is probably your own option. However, even with that you will vastly struggle to run it, XP is very difficult and last time I checked Vista was impossible, so probably same for windows 7. Put System Shock 2 XP into google and you'll see what I mean. That said, I haven't browsed the forum in about two years so progress may have been made.

To solve these problems, I'm building a windows 98 machine.

'An ideal of total self-sufficiency. That secret smile may be the Buddha's but it is monstrous seen on a baby's face. To conquer craving is indeed to conquer pain, but humanity goes with it. That my autistic daughter wanted nothing was worst of all.' Park

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2009, 3:07 pm

Their is a fix called the DDfix and the demo works perfectly after that,and theif 1 and 2 suffered from the same problems and after the fix they work great.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 5:56 pm

It can be run on Vista - I've run it on Vista (64bit). The problem it has is with multi-core systems IIRC, there's some tweak you have to do to get it to work.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it from, or even find my copy... :lol:

The year is still young.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2009, 9:09 pm

Go to Through the looking glass fourms,hope you find you copy man if people didn't charge so much on ebay I have 6 months at a time to ever have any do andf then its not a whole lot and the only job I can get in the area is either food service or working at stop and shop which my older brother hates, I would hate working there because I am not a people person and would probably sucker punch an A-hole customer in the face.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 6:38 pm

I have no idea where to get it at...honestly, I just downloaded it from Home of the Underdogs ¬_¬

I did eventually find the first game at a thrift store, though.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2009, 8:39 pm

They put it back up.I just found a copy the funny thing is I just got more late birhday money because my birthday is in july.